Incessant positioning errors....

Reaction score
    There appears to be some error in the way the server saves my current position. Let me explain:

If the game crashes or I log out inside an undocked ship: When I log back in, my ship and I are 100 meters+ from my HB.

If the game crashes or I log out inside a docked entity: When I log back in, I and the docked entity are undocked and 100 meters+ from my HB. This also applies to logging out in a docked ship.

If the game crashes or I log out inside the build block of my HB: One of two things may happen. Sometimes I log back in 100 meters+ from my HB. Other times I log back in to the appropriate position....but when in build mode, I cannot place blocks or they appear far from where my cursor is. As if I can SEE the HB but it is not actually in the position being depicted. On a side note: My HB used to be about 800-900 meters from a planet. I was forced to blow it up and eat its plates, as every time I would log out in or near the HB, when I logged back in the entire station would be buried in the planet. The solution was always the same as listed below (jump sector/leg/clear cache/log in/jump back)

The only way I've found to fix this problem is to use a ship to jump to another sector, log out, clear client cache, log back in, and jump back to HB. This fixes the issue 100% every time, but it appears again (100% of the time) the moment I log out or the server crashes.

Just today (the reason I decided to post here) I logged back in and was 140km away from where I logged out with only the center 20m x 20m portion of my ship with me. I assume the rest of the ship is still sitting where I logged out....minus a 20m x 20m middle segment and a pilot....

Last edited:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Did you possibly build the Homebase over the sector border?
    140km is a lot, but, thats the only thing I could think of.
    Possibly even a planet involved and you have built over the sector border, and thus your logout point moves through different sectors.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Did you possibly build the Homebase over the sector border?
    140km is a lot, but, thats the only thing I could think of.
    Possibly even a planet involved and you have built over the sector border, and thus your logout point moves through different sectors.

- Andy
    I don't believe so...my HB is not very large and here on Shattered Skies the sector size is 12k. Its driving me nuts, lol. It "was" close to a planet (about 800-800 meters) but I popped it and ate it to stop the station from spawning inside it (although my faction mate did not see this...so that particular issue was client side only)