In preparation for crew...

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Currently, astronauts are very laggy in multiplayer. If you walk beside someone you will frequently notice jerky motion. I haven't tried gunfighting, but I'm really not sure if I even want to with astronauts in this state.

This will need to be optimized/fixed before crew updates are released or the new content will be unplayable for many people.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Gunfights are actually pretty fun. I think that astronaut movement is only jerky in gravity or on things moving along rails, I've had no problems with zero gravity astronaut fights (even managed to use the sniper rifle).

But yea, the vibrator mode on rails is pretty annoying...

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It happened to me in gravity on a non-moving structure. Plus, if boarding is going to happen things need to be optimized for battles raging within ships that are themselves in the middle of battles. In other words, we will wind up fighting onboard ships that are maneuvering, quite probably in a desperate manner in a escape, kill, or die situation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    We had on our server a PvP event of ground combat on a ship.

Called "The Stricken Ork Rok"

Nobody noticed any lag at all it was quite smooth to be honest.
    Excuse the sound effects they were added for effect.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Jumpy astronauts was occasionally an issue with the ground battle portion of the NFD Triathlon.

And I mean the laggy jumping, not the people bunny-hopping around. That was annoying too, though. I really wish we'd get a reduced astronaut jump height.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Jump height doesn't need to be reduced. What's needed is 'smart jumping', i.e. the AI being able to figure out how high it has to jump to traverse a given incline. (It also needs to recognize ramps as traversible without jumping.)