In over my head.

Reaction score
    I just started playing a couple days ago. Literally. My mind has been fried by the sheer awesomeness of this game. That being said... I found some basic tutorials about crafting. But I have some really specific questions. How do you make power cubes.(sp?) For that matter is there a visual tool or page just about making stuff. ?? I need a lot of help apparently. .. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member 433088

What I did when I began playing was scroll through the entirety of the factory recipes, then use the "graph" button as Dreamin suggests to see what each module requires, and then check the wiki and experiment a bit to see what each thing does. The game is not perfectly documented right now, so it takes a bit of trial-and-error.

Reaction score
    What I did when I began playing was scroll through the entirety of the factory recipes, then use the "graph" button as Dreamin suggests to see what each module requires, and then check the wiki and experiment ... The game is not perfectly documented right now, so it takes a bit of trial-and-error.
    True , My friends already have these really nice titans built. I Will get it I know. I just was staring at a whole bunch of blocks... and my mind wouldn't work.... it froze in horror. I am sure I felt like this about minecraft.

D

Deleted member 433088

True , My friends already have these really nice titans built. I Will get it I know. I just was staring at a whole bunch of blocks... and my mind wouldn't work.... it froze in horror. I am sure I felt like this about minecraft.
    Haha yeah, the game's mechanics can seem a little daunting at first, but there aren't as many core components as it looks at first. Once you get the basics down you can apply the same concepts to mostly everything. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it gets better.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The graph button is your friend. And make sure you use starmadepedia.net as your wiki! It's the official and best updated wiki out there. This page will be helpful to your factory endeavors.

Reaction score
    Thanks so very much. I am made my first power cube. so I have like 30 some of them. but I am trying to make a fast salvage ship. They are running out of circuits and stuff. So I am going to make something that is really fast that i can hold a lot of stuff and get back to base fast. (prob. another post) but

thanks for the help so far. :)

D

Deleted member 433088

No worries, make sure to check the official wiki (the other ones are more outdated, I hear), and if you can't find something there be sure to ask.
    For your salvage ship, I suggest you aim to make a Radar Jammer (I think it's in the Advanced Factory). It will make so you don't show on the radar, which prevents pirate ships from attacking you unless you get very very close to them or fire first, and it's far less energy-demanding than the Cloaker module. I have actually went on merrily vaporizing an asteroid with a ship of 1000 blocks and a single jammer while half a dozen pirate ships flew by.

Reactions: Wolfskin75
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Check the date on any videos or websites regarding the game. Anything more than a few months old are circumspect as far as their information. The game has changed a lot since last summer, especially with the overhauled crafting system.