in game sclable holographic signs

how you like the format trying different style to try to provoke more of a responce

• it was awfull please be more serious and strait forward

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ever wish you could advertise your faction in starmade more effectively? Ever want to have a way to get word out to as many people as possible? Well from the corny advertising tone in this page you can sure tell I do, and boy do I have just the suggestion for you. How would you like to have a holographic bill bard on the side of the inter galactic warp gate network? I know I sure do.
    Ok but on a more serious note basically the idea is a block you can play a short clip at low frames as a hologram or maybe even a feature to make it compatible with the in game screen shot tool. It may even get to the point where you can project a small simple 3d hologram on table in the war room. It could do anything from advertise joe shmose used ships and scrap next sector, to come join genericfactionname3 and let’s be honest every space sim has to have huge glowy signs plastered on the side of space stations and ships. Ok true as it may be that we now have the equivalent of signs in the game but lest face it they are small and we are starmadeians huge is the only size we know. So who is with me?
    (Cricket noises)
    Oh wait forgot to click create thread

Let me know if you liked the joking format or thought it was annoying for future posts.
    Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Suggested already. Turned down mainly for expected performance issues. Solutions involve limiting the framerates of those screens to 1 or 2 per second.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    true as that may be I would not mind having a 2 frame ad transitioning from one to the other with a staticy holographic overlay the video was just me being hopeful. you could however make a sign out of light blocks alternating but for some adds that would not work. I just think it would be cool for there to be something like that like in eve.
    maybe a holographic projector?
    I will edit the post thanks

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    true as that may be I would not mind having a 2 frame ad transitioning from one to the other with a staticy holographic overlay the video was just me being hopeful. you could however make a sign out of light blocks alternating but for some adds that would not work. I just think it would be cool for there to be something like that like in eve.
    maybe a holographic projector?
    I will edit the post thanks
    It might work to request a single animated decoration block. This way, you'd get a single advertising-type block. Maybe you could ask for 8 of them, one for each color. If there were 8, you'd have enough for a single, large 4x2 array or multiple smaller advert blocks. Then you can replace the default animation (series of images) with your own images on your own server. If there are 8, you can split up your own animation into 8 sections, with each of the animation blocks getting one of the 8 sections

Kinda like how this 8-monitor setup shows a single image:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What I would love to see as a feature of the holoprojectors is the ability to use it like a cloke and project a much bigger ship around yours to scar off enemies but cost less power than a cloke