Improving copy and paste

Which should be added to the copy and paste feature?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I have a few suggestions to greatly increase the functionality of the copy and paste function.

1) Have the ability to rotate copied objects while in "paste mode" (when you have the paste button pushed)

2) Have objects reflect across symmetry planes when pasted. I know a lot of players want this feature.

3) Have the copied object be displayed while in "paste mode". This should also allow for players to not have to place guide blocks since the copied object shouldnt be moved by the outer edge of its max dimensions (like it currently is) but instead have any block on the object be able to connect to the ship/station... really not sure how to explain that.

Feedback is appreciated and hopefully you understand what I meant by point three :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Funny enough I don't yet know how to use the copy and paste

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I agree, the copied selection should really appear as some sort of "hologram" so that you can see where it's gonna go. I was trying to paste a room earlier and it's near impossible given that where it's gonna go is a complete surprise.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Display blocks to build already causes issues, obstructing my vision on what is behind. (I need it mostly for wedges).
    I would like this hologram only while the advanced-build-mode button is pressed.

The other problem I were facing when trying to copy+paste wedges or an 3D cross - you cant put the copy box right.

And when you place the object, on a wall, it may sink into that wall.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There was a tweet about improvements to copy and paste so I thought it suitable to bump this.