Improvements for Build Mode

Reaction score
    A couple of things i thought would be useful when i was building my latest ship:

No Shadows: A tickbox in advanced build mode, which removes all shadows as long as you are inside a ship core/build block, would be really useful for building large ships, being able to create the hull of the ship, then do the internals without having to place plex lights all over the place, maybe also have a slider that adjusts the level of lighting.

Better Fast-Placing: The ability to pace down a box of any dimension smaller than 10x10x10 is really useful, but is somewhat limited by the size restriction. I assume that this is to limit the amount of lag when placing blocks, but could be improved by having a server option that tells how big the greatest placeable dimensions can be. Also what could be useful would be the ability to place multiple of these place boxes at the same time, and being able to determine how far apart they are.

Undo: A way to undo the last click, would be really useful for when you accidentally miss-click while using a large place box and accidentaly wipe out your weapons computer and have to place all your cannons again.

Reaction score
    at least with now shadows and an undo function. the \"better fast placing\" is ok, nothing wrong, but it seems less important.

Reaction score
    I guess fast placing isn\'t as important, but it would be nice to be able to place more than 10x10x10

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    just wondering, a fill feature might be helpful for building large ships

Reaction score
    a fill feature would be amazing, and it would make filling AMC chambers easy, although if you have a hole somewhere I guess it would spill into space until your out of blocks?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    maybe make it detect if there is a hole or not. if it doesnt have a hole, allow the player to fill.

even if it does spill into space, that\'s where the undo would come in handy

Reaction score
    A fill feature would be great, another idea i had based on that is a way to fill an area with rods of power generators and fill the rest with any other block. Maybe im just being hopeful because it can be really boring placing power generators :)