Improved Schematic Organization (ISO)

Which changes to the Catalog is the highest priority for you?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We've all become familiar with this good old catalog screen, split under three tabs depending on permissions. You build any type of ship, save it locally or as a blueprint on a server or in single player and you can access it whenever you please.

However, we've likewise had trouble keeping track of all this especially when we're on long building streaks or on ship shopping sprees. Hence I propose some improvements to the organization of the catalog to be more manageable and convenient, you can vote in the poll above to see which are the highest priority. Of course any further suggestions on the idea are welcome.
    1. Folders- Collapsible sub-lists of schematics, for instance if you have multiple variations of the same ship. A specific fleet, etc. A folder can be put inside of a folder if need be.
    2. Search- Type-in the name of the ship and away you go, this should be dynamic as you type.
    3. More Columns- Disable/Enable Column Information to categorize by Mass, Dimensions and perhaps classification (classification would either be universal or be configurable in config).
    4. Tags- Short Key Words attached to specific ships next to their description, this helps for quick-search and ordering by tag.
    5. Colour-coding- Being able to change the colour of the text of a ship would be great
    6. Image-Display- Given the ability for .gif generation already in the game, when clicking for additional information on a ship a small icon will be generated based on quick-rendering of the design. This can be clicked upon to see an enlarged version. Can be disable for performance reasons, however it is only generate once as thereafter it is saved in the Starmade Directory.
    7. Update Schematic- Currently new entries must be created when adding a development to a Work In Project vessel, having an update design allows you to not have to re-write the descriptions, reconfigure, etc.
    8. Copy-Paste- Being able to copy details such as the descriptions in game could save valuable time.

Reactions: Lecic

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Folders... by far my #1 priority.

Having over 50 blueprints "saves" for a work in progress ship somewhat clutters up my catalog.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think a search would be better, so that the server folder is like it is now, rather than a list of player names with subfolders in

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think a search would be better, so that the server folder is like it is now, rather than a list of player names with subfolders in
    Ideally I'd say combine the two, subfolders in the availible tab might be tedious. Perhaps having some form of auto-sortation algorithims there based on the server-set ship classification or simply on the credit-value of the ship, sort it out like that. So its not a wall of text, but its also still logical in some way. Of course admins might be able to manually add additional layers of organization like a 'Salvaged Pirate Vessel' folder.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ideally I'd say combine the two, subfolders in the availible tab might be tedious. Perhaps having some form of auto-sortation algorithims there based on the server-set ship classification or simply on the credit-value of the ship, sort it out like that. So its not a wall of text, but its also still logical in some way. Of course admins might be able to manually add additional layers of organization like a 'Salvaged Pirate Vessel' folder.
    My point is the most effiecent way to implement folders would be to put the actual files in folders, meaning it wouldnt be a single directory of ever BP. I like this for admin-ing, means I can delete a blueprint that is causing issues quickly

Reactions: hindos