Improved faction permissions.

Reaction score
    First of all, I would like to excuse myself if a topic like this one already exists, and if that's the case feel free to remove the this topic.

So I'm very bothered whith the fact that you can't really have a big faction whith many players due to the fact that you have to take into consideration that they are pretty likely to be griefers, they steal your ships, items, grief your station, and just be a general pain in the a**.
    My solution?

Well basically I got two soloutions for this, they're pretty much the same though.

1. Using the existing Faction Permission Module.
    Adding an interface to the block, that is openened whith R, that allows you to edit some faction permissions and still keeping the purpose that the block already has.

If the module is placed on a station, you can edit who can place and remove blocks from the station. and who is allowed to interact whith inventories and ships docked to the station. You can only add people to your "permissions list" if you are in the same faction as them.
    If placed on a ship, it has the same functions.

2nd option is to add a block whith theese possibilities, instead of using the old Faction Permission Module, though I do find the peromissions module a bit better, since it's related to the name it already has.

I Allow other factions to intereact whith the block adjacent to the module I
    I Add or remove people from the edit permissions list I
    I Add or remove people from the interaction permissions list I

THis is pretty much all I have on the subject so far, feel free to comment whith improvements and oppinnions to this. I only did this so schema could possibly have a rough idea of what is kind of needed.

P.S, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors or just weird formulations and/or mistakes that I have made, english isn't my mother tounge so I may have done spelling and grammar incorrectly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a great idea but there are more important things that need to be done i my opinon

It defintly need to be added though as it is a pain when a new faction member steals a ships

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I feel like this actually is really important and should be added since it will make playing on servers in a large faction way more fun. A little suggestion I have is to allow different features to be adjusted not only by names but also ranks if you are the leader of a faction. This will simplify creating permissions.