Improved AI & Remote Control

Reaction score
    I have been playing around with admin commands and Bobby AI, and NPC Factions, and have thought of some good suggestions.

I don't know if this has already been suggested, and it probably has. It would be really neat and helpful if you could remotely modify, fly, and control a ship and its parts. For example, it would be helpful if you could modify a Bobby AI while inside that ship's core, or inside of another ship. Another example is the ability to turn on/off lights, open doors, or access PlexStorage units while inside of that ship's core. Another thing is to remote control a ship from another location. I can't even think of how many times I thought it would be helpful to be able to control my fighter ships from a safe location so that way I could take out some pirates and not have to worry about dying.

You could add in a module or something to allow all of this, or something like that. I know it would help me out a lot.

Another idea is improved AI mechanics and features. It would be cool if you could call in one of your ships with a Bobby AI for support. Like when you get attacked by pirates, you could send one of your ships to come and help. Or you could send one of your ships to go attack a sector, or go mine an asteroid, or send them to your location, or even tell them to dock to a ship (as a turret or as a normal ship). It would be interesting and helpful. I would love to be able to make a fleet of Bobby AI's and send them to go raid a pirate base. Another thing is (and I think it's already been suggested) autopilot. Whenever I'm afk, I would prefer to let my Bobby AI drive for me while I just sit back and watch. Chances are, he'll be a better pilot then me, ;P.

Sorry that this was a long one, but there were a lot of ideas that came to mind when I thought of these. It would really be much easier if you just made a development kit and let the community do the work for you. ;P.

Reaction score
    The \"mining asteriods\" and \"Dock to\" commands would be great. I think the remote control thing is bad though, as is the \"attack sector\" idea. It would mean that players would use AI or remote-control for attack, but I think it the AI should be something that is used for defencive things. (Turrets, defence-drones etc). If you want to attakc something there should be a risk of dying while you go into the offensive, so it doesn\'t turn into a drone war.

Reaction score
    I want remote control and controllable AI for singleplayer. Considering that there is no current way to relocate a bunch of your ships besides manually, which takes a really long time and is hard to do, remote control would be useful. Also, whenever you are in trouble with pirates, had your ship destroyed, or just need help for something else, it would help to be able to send an AI to help you, fight the pirates, or do whatever you needed to do. Also, the only reason I wanted all of that is because I wanted to actually \'have\' a faction. I didn\'t just want my faction to be me and maybe a turret or two on my ship. I want an actual faction, you know? Just me and a turret as a faction gets boring. I want to be able to control some ships and send them into battle like you would with people in a real pvp server.

Another thing, big ships can\'t turn so easily, so it helps to be able to control your turret(s) and remote control your ship whenever you actually need to move, or the other way around. Or you could control the turret(s) and let an AI drive the ship around for you.

Reaction score
    For the AI part, it would be really cool if there were some more NPC factions to battle, ones with actual home bases, planets, ships, etc. Something to give the player\'s gameplay some actual purpose. To conquer other NPC factions, ally with them, or just watch them as they conquer and ally with eachother. Onto that, we really need some NPC players, with player weapons. I just don\'t like how unpopulated the universe feels. It still feels like there are no other life forms in the game besides yourself. It still feels like just a bunch of robots flying around randomly attacking anything that is marked as an enemy of their faction. The same goes for pirates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    AIs do need a serious overhaul. Defense Drones is one of my favorite suggestions of all time related to AIs. Turrets ABSOLUTELY need to be able to use missiles as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They can use d1000, using KB missiles will result in the missiles auto targeting the nearest ship.. aka other turrets or the main ship.

Reaction score
    Well, after playing for a bit I thought there needs to be some new blocks/functionality, but remote control needs to be limited to docked vessels. Below are some ideas.

(1): Fleet/Fighter Command- This block links with another ships AI module and allows for a few functions: Range- the ship/fighter wont travel more than 10,000 meters(or something like that) from the controller, Instructions- Undock and Attack( if Select Target-target what its mothership targets), Return and Dock

(2): Turret Control- Take control/Designate individual targets, Use turret \"camera\", change AI settings

(3): Camera- like a SD Cockpit but you have no control over the ship its just a view port (useful for reverse view and hangers)

(4) Tractor beam/grappler- like a Camera you have no control over the ship but can control this \"beam\" allows you to pull smaller ships into docking bays (the force it produces effects BOTH ships so you could pull your self into another ship)