Improved 'Advanced Build mode' remove tools

Reaction score
    When I am deleting a ship or a station for recycling, I come across the issue of the remove tool going whichever way it pleases. It is frustrating when I delete a 20x20 area and then there ends up being 1 layer on top.

My idea is to add another Remove tool option, to center the remove tool. So when you remove things, all the blocks AROUND your cursor will be removed, not just the ones below it. Basically it would move the shape and center it on your mouse. This would save time and trouble when trying to clean up ships or salvage them in build mode.

Reactions: whooplaah

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There is a checkbox near the top that when selected inverts the Build mode area box (The yellow frame turns Red). This shows you what blocks will be removed when you are removing.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is a checkbox near the top that when selected inverts the Build mode area box (The yellow frame turns Red). This shows you what blocks will be removed when you are removing.
    While this function is helpful it is not the same as the suggestion made.

The idea here is that the area to delete (and the function would be useful for building too) will be in equal directions around the point of focus instead of beings completely in one direction.

Also - this is a brilliant suggestion and would speed up building in so many ways. +1

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Be nice if there was just a total delete button to zap an entire structure in one go.

Reaction score
    That would also be nice, but a centered remove tool would help just as much if you were just building or something :D

Reaction score
    I would like to be able to rotate the box just like you can rotate things that you paste.