Improve AI and turret range

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    With new universe generation in planning, and the ability to add custom stations it would be really nice if the AI would pose some kind of actual threat to the player.

After the weapons update we now have armaments that can shoot well over 1500m. This made the AI totally useless. Which was ok, at the time, but 4 months later is now getting a bit annoying.

AI ships will wait until they are with in 400-600m of you to open fire. Making it very easy to just fly backwards at around 800m and not take a single hit from the AI.

Station turrets are even worse. If your lucky they will shoot at a target that is 800m away. And won't even pay attention to you until you are within 90om. If you attack a turret from 1000-1500m it MIGHT shoot back, but only the turret you are attacking. So what it boils down to is a player with a small ship can take down a station with relative ease.

I know we will get an AI overhaul at some point, but can we get some kind of fix for the intermediate? Such as an AI range setting like we have an AI accuracy setting?

I can understand that it may not be possible at this time because the way the AI is coded. If that's the case it's fine, I can wait till the AI update, but it's just driving me nuts.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    After the weapons update we now have armaments that can shoot well over 1500m. This made the AI totally useless.
    Before the weapons update the weapon ranges were customizable, so it was even worse back then.

Aside from that I don't think it makes sense to put much work into AI improvements as long as the weapon system isn't fully balanced.