impossible to dock

Reaction score
    current docking systems seem to not be working, docks that previosly worked with turrets or ships, now no longer work and have to be disproportionally large to work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    +1

I have the same problem. The docking area requirements are inpractical in the current build. Please fix.

Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The problem with old turrets now not being able to dock is the game was letting you dock when you should not have been able to. This has been patched so now an entire ship has to fit in the green box. The blue box when you attempt to dock can be confusing because it doesn\'t take the location of the core into account. When you dock a ship the core will be centered over the dock so if any part of that blue box doesn\'t fit in the green box you cannot dock and need to expand with enhancers, ships meant to dock should have a very centralized core? for easier docking. Every enhancer will give you 2 meters of expansion added in that direction. Enhancers do not need to be physically attached to the dock but they do need to be attached to each other. Making a big t or + can quickly gain you the needed size.

Reaction score
    sven, I\'ve built docks far bigger than the blue box and it still wouldnt work, they should go back to the old system, it was better

Reaction score
    i got told that and you know what thats bs the problem with turrets old and new is the blue box is often way bigger then the ship or turret docking and thats what need to be fixed, i wish people who beta test and report these errors get it right so schema can make the fix rather then assuming how things work or not fully understanding whats going on.

The blue box is maybe 5x the size of the craft or turret thats where people are having problems with not the green.

Second thing you state that enhancers give you 2 meters of expansion added in that direction thats also false, as i been placing them in a standard + with one enhancer below and when i add more to the side it expands the whole thing not in any one direction like you stated but all directions.

Thus till docking problems get fixed i suggest people just switch docking system to be ignored till fixes get applied.