Import / Export / Upload Ship Errors [Resolved!]

Reaction score
    Running StarMade version v0.0899952; build 20130115_085107; LauncherVersion: 7.
    I've built a ship in-game (sandbox mode, localhost), and would like to import it. After taking a look through the StarMade subfolders, I attempted to import .smd2 files from StarMade/client-database/DATA, and .ent files from StarMade/server-database/, and neither file type is imported properly.
    I've tried multiple different files of the same types, but to no avail. Each time I've gotten a 'Critical Error' message box, stating: 'ZipException: error in opening zip file'.
    Upon clicking the 'Upload' button in the Ship Catalog Manager, I've gotten another 'Critical Error' message box, stating: 'ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1'.
    I've repeated this after up-linking as well. Anyone else have these problems?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you just adding them to your local server? If so they are already there.

To export go to tools>catalogue manager then click our ship then export it. The export should be saved as a .sment.

To import follow the same steps. You can only import .sment files.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, the way above is for importing exporting.

If you built a ship on sandbox, and want to put it on a server, tpe /save shipnameyouwant in sandbox at a shop to make the ship file, then you can do \"Upload local ship\" at the shop on the server.

so /save IRS_Powerful

Will save the ship you are in, as a file. You can also save the ship through a shop, same as when uploading it on the server, but you have to first get near a shop.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the help, Seph.
    I didn\'t know about the /save command.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For more admin commands on sandbox, check the \"Help\" section up on the top bar, and in here you got these commands and more.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I\'m having a problem like this, except i get the \"ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1\" error when I try to upload the ship. I went to Tools>Catalog Manager, then clicked \"Upload\" and this error thing popped up.