Import Export of Space Stations

Reaction score
    Hi,

Does anybody else wonder why we cant import and export space stations as well as our own ships because dont get me wrong here, the vanilla one schema has made is amazing ad caters for all the needs in S-M, but a great way to encourage people to go on massive projects like building the death star which i have done and 1 it looks shit as spheres in voxel type games are inanimate and 2 the sheer size of it just kills my gaming PC it spans over 1 sector so yeah...

Anyway id love to here everyone elses thoughts on this and see if we can get a massive project going so we can upload our own stations so schema can add them to [hopefully] V1.1 Beta as stock stations

Thanks for reading

RROA Boy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    there is way of doing that, but it requars the one to inport/export it to be:
    1) be an admin
    2) knowlageble of comands

it goes something like:

/export_sector (sector you want(x, y, z ect)) (a-name-you-want)
    be shure to /force_save before
    /import_sector (sector you want(x, y, z ect)) (a-name-you-want)
    make shure the sector is unloaded(everyone far enough awey(3-4 secotors awey))

and if you want to find the source i had it from admin commands

Reaction score
    vabese

I believe he means to save a station to a catalog and instead of it popping up right there then you get a block called (StationName_Deployer) And you would push a key to deploy it where it then shows up there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lots of people would love to import their single-player-built stations into multiplayer. I can\'t imagine this not becoming a feature at some point.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the current game mechanic, it can\'t happen. For a very simple reason: How saving/importing works for now at least is centered around shops. Where would you buy your station? The shop! But then oops, it doesn\'t move, it\'s a station. Derp.

So yeah, until the mechanic is tweaked to allow somekind of \"blueprint summon\" on station creation (m key), it really makes sense not to import stations. Until then... Build modular!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What you\'re trying to say is you want to design your own space stations and allow these ones to be naturally generating in the universe like the current ones are?

Sounds like an exellent idea :D and this would also stop the complaining of \"spacestations are to OP and sell for too much money too early in the game..\" and it would be cool seeing more than one station appearing and not to mention if you could save the blueprints of it then you could share stations with countless others and have many different spacestations naturally spawning :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea, I think a good idea would be to buy your space station from the store in the form of a block then travel somewhere and place the block, and boom theres your space station.

Reaction score
    ...why not make it so you can buy a certain block, and imput credits on it, then it will let you select from an arrangement of ships/space stations you have saved in your catalog, the block whoild automaticly build the ship / station around it, then after done it whould turn into the respective ship core or one of the buidblocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @MultiDavid

thats what i was kinda thinking too ahah it would work like the catalog but you could spawn a ship or space station anywhere.

i think it should be one ship/space station per a block though, and the block should cost a pretty penny due to the convince of spawning a ship/space station any were.