Implementation of AI drones

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Hi, this is my first post, I hope you do not commit many grammatical errors (I am Spanish speaking); I love the game, but I would like to be able to implement a couple of points concerning the ships and artificial intelligence.

1º I would like to have a way to "link" ships with a point dock, for example, on your ship or your home base to protect it, put settings AI flying 1 sector away, and then auto-dock in dock your point again, with the new UI system for the structure.

2º add more options in the GUI of artificial intelligence including:
    - Selection of priority target.
    - Avoid confrontation.
    - Add the option to load / unload cargo contained in the hangar of the ship.
    - Add the option to auto-collect materials, whether other ships adrift, asteroids or planets in a predetermined range.
    - Add the option to "patrol" a sector, fixing points for this purpose (attacking entities falling within its range and returning to patrol if it is destroyed)
    - Add the option to interact with shops, either to sell / buy items (to create trade routes of ships, with the ability to automate this factories would implement it)
    - add the option to repair nearby ships if these are damaged (if repair module) or add power if they do not have 100% of their energy

3º to assign ships to a fleet and assign their roles (commercial, patrol, defense, collecting, etc.)

edit update for more points

4º I would also like the "star map" were improved, they were able to show the coordinates of the objects in the (stations, shops, etc ...) and add and / or improve its navigability, it is very difficult to know if you're moving in the zxy shaft .... would be good to put "dots" on the map

5º if the ship has stealth module, decide to use it or not (it would be interesting if we put a "minefield" to protect our home base

P.D.: sorry for any gramaticall error, i use google traductor

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hello, welcome to the starmade forum- or should I say hola? I think that's it- anyway, I'm afraid the point dock thing went right over my head, I agree that if better AI is introduced, settings on their orders would be good, the assignment of patrols of fleets would come with that settings update.

Reaction score
    Hello, welcome to the starmade forum- or should I say hola? I think that's it- anyway, I'm afraid the point dock thing went right over my head
    I think what he is trying to say with #1 is that he wishes for a way to automatically recall drones and ships, without having to physically get in the errant drone/ship and manually redock them. Maybe a toggle for undocking, so when you click undock, you can click it again to redock the ship.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I think what he is trying to say with #1 is that he wishes for a way to automatically recall drones and ships, without having to physically get in the errant drone/ship and manually redock them. Maybe a toggle for undocking, so when you click undock, you can click it again to redock the ship.
    that's what I mean, make a click and call assigned ships to dock points ... imagine a defense system for your stations, for example 5 drones, an enemy ship approaching, the station releases the drones, and when the threat is gone, call automatically with one click, rather than having to go look every drone separately and connect them one by one

Reactions: Arkudo and Talonek
    Reaction score
    that's what I mean, make a click and call assigned ships to dock points ... imagine a defense system for your stations, for example 5 drones, an enemy ship approaching, the station releases the drones, and when the threat is gone, call automatically with one click, rather than having to go look every drone separately and connect them one by one
    Yes, ok- that would make sense for drones, maybe you could even send them on missions to raid stations or attack bases but that would require advanced AI

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ai totally has to be improved, right now it only has two functions: shoot, or don't shoot.
    Edit: Make that three, it can fly a ship (wow). One more thing: currently for reasons yet unknown to human kind (read: me) ai can't control ships when friction is completely disabled. If you ever see pirates coming when the friction is disabled, get a few 1000 meters away, and watch them skid by into nothingness (not true, if pirates launch a raid their ships remain visible in the "n" menu forever (only tested it to about 26 000 meters, but it seems to be the case).

Last edited: