Implement 22.5 degree wedges

Reaction score
    I wanted to ask for 4 new block shapes: the 22.5 degree wedge base and tip blocks, and they supporting corner blocks.
    Starmade Wedge.png
    I have used the search function and also read about the matter of microblocks (microblocks are things like really small slab wedges making the transition from a surface to a 1/4 slab, or the corner block for such a 0.25x025x1m long block being 0.25m into all 3 dimensions). I found like 4 topics asking for additional wedges, but all where about many different wedges instead of only this 4 I ask now (and they are all over 1 year old)

But having this 22.5 degree wedges and corners would only be 4 new block shapes, and I would be really happy if they would get implemented.

I have read, but couldn't find it again, from one of the Shine team writing, that they don't want additional block shapes, because it bloats up the building experience and calculation load too much. Microblocks got mentioned as a no-go goal because of this reason. I understand that microblocks aren't the way to go, but these 2 shapes aren't microblocks, but a basic shape you need for exterior desgins.

I just very often have this issue, that I want to design the hull of my ship, but can't make a good smooth armor plating that goes a different angle than 45°.

Maybe you can justify adding this additional block shapes, that these 4 are needed for big exterior hull design like armor plating, and thus are different in their purpose than microblocks are for small details.

Reactions: kingreol

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think this is the wrong approach. We need a "smooth block".

This smooth block would be used to manipulate vertices in the mesh on a 2D basis from the viewers perspective.
    They would remove gaps in a sawtooth shape to form a more convex shape.