Imperial Class Star Destroyer

Reaction score

*Update* I was installing Quicktime earlier and skipped through the options to just get through the install. And unfortunately, the place where I downloaded it from turned out to be almost as safe as arsenic.

When I went ahead and started downloading it (it was just some redirected download) a scheduled scan had started, and within a couple of minutes threats were being detected, causing me yelling at AVG to get rid of the immediate threat then launching windows in safemode and performing a whole computer scan.

The deemed unsafe files consisted of the StarMade folder, some kind of download manager that I have never seen, the archived items in Dropbox, and a couple of tainted unimportant windows files, with each one being immediately deleted because I have a shit anti-virus.

I'm going to go install McAfee and go to sleep, though it slows my computer down.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The only way to move the core is to restart the build (i learned this the hard way)

But great job on the star destroyer! It looks awesome and very well-detailed.

Keep up the great work!

Reaction score
    For detail, I forced myself not to make it a plain flat surface and tried following what I could find, and I presumed I would have to start the build again to move the core.

Reaction score
    The scale was judged for the dimensions, but I did try and make things proportionate to the pictures using what I had built as references. (like the width of the ship is about 3 bridges wide; so and so)

I\'m still starting to see more things that are off-scale as I start to attempt at an interior, first of all with a misalignment that involves the hull and secondly how small scale this thing actually is. It roughly needs to be about 5 times the scale to either fit an interior or match the dimensions exactly.

*edit*

I found the proper dimensions (1606x1015 meters) and tested a half-scale basic frame of 803x507. Since I am a bit insane I am thinking about stopping my current progress and rebuilding this in half-scale, meaning a bit less sleep on my weekends.

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very nice detail-wise but I have to say I think it is slightly too small. The trough along the side should have turrets and as is it will barely be big enough for tiny ones. It is still very impressive though.

Reaction score
    I was thinking it was a bit too small and am now building a more properly scaled one - half scaled, so 800x500 blocks instead of roughly a couple hundred blocks long.

Reaction score
    I would love if when you finish it, you put it for download.. it really looks amazing, the most detailed/well made Imperial Star Destroyer...

Reaction score
    I used to make mods for a game called FTL, so I actually have the ability to get a finalized version up of the first one shown.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6wzqo8pc0rh5yh/Imperial_Class_SD_V0-9.zip

Extract the files and take the folder that contains the files (5 folders and 3 files) and move it into Starmade/blueprints.

I think you may have to go to catalog and hit \"Upload Entry from Local\" and enter the name of the folder.

It does contain little fuctional TIE fighters (they aren\'t pretty) that fit normal sized docking ports in the underbelly hangar behind the plexdoors. It is a bit of a \"Build your own Interior\" because my specailty was always on exteriors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Regarding the building materials, did you use commands to spawn them in? I want to build large ships to complete my small armada, but toiling around and looking for shops for 45 minutes only yielded 3k of each color. The only way I have thought to remedy this is to make shops spawn more in the config, but even then it is very grindy and boring to do. All I want to know is how you got all the hull. Thanks in advance if you reply!

Reaction score
    At first when I decided to build a ship of a specific design I went ahead and built a giant block made of the materials I needed a lot of and bought multiples of, for lack of a reliable source.

I did just spawn in the materials when I started making the bigger scale Star Destroyer though, because I knew that 50,000 hulls was not enough for something so large.

(on another note) The moving sectors just grabbed the large ship and made it collide with the smaller one, resulting in crashing because of engine limitations. Is there a way to remove the entity of the other ship or save what I have built without loading the game?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have tried the ship idea, but my salvage ship could not destroy it unless the core was overheating. I then realized that I could just put a a cannon on my ship and shoot the core a few times.

Regarding the crash, I don\'t think there is a way to access the entities from outisde the game, but if you look in your \"StarMade\" folder, there should be a few automatic backups which you could load up. These backups are the zip files and you have to replace everything that the two folders have in common, so I would recommend backing up the whole thing first. Plus, if you haven\'t yet, I would always recommend putting the ship in the shop at different intervals.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Disregard my last comment, you actually can delete individual entities. Navigate to StarMade > server-database > DATA

And then ctrl-f to search and type in the ship\'s name. A .smd2 file should pop up and you can delete it. Also, in the server-database folder there should be a .ent folder with the same name. Delete it, too.

Reaction score
    I might have to give it a couple attempts, because I originally had the thing on a default name. With the small scale ship itself still being a large ship I predict it might be the biggest file.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    there is a much easier way of deleting a ship.

get it in your cross-hair,

press f to select it,

then press enter and type this,

/delete_entity

then it just vanishes. :)

Reaction score
    When I had the collision the game dropped to less than a frame per second and crashed, and would not start up again because of the collision and just freeze entirely, but in a small frame of time if it happens again I should be able to use the command.