I'm new, what should I know what shouldn't I know?

Reaction score
    I bought this game through steam two months ago. I love the hell out of it. I played about 100 hours according to Steam almost always alone just figuring out things and sand boxing away. I want to be a red shirt or turret gunner. I think I'd rather be the crew not the captain. What advice can you offer me about the game about players about ships about anything?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Lets see. don't go towarsd stars they will melt you and your ship. Pirates are weak, there stations are not weak. Power cubes are best built as 3d "L"s or straight lines. Jusy not cubes. Power capacity is best built in cubes. Sheild capacitors and shield regen doesn't care how its placed. Weapons take a lot more energy when they have multiple barrels. most players will help you out if you ask. Just about anyone on the forums will help. I think we are a pretty nice and freindly community.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    What shouldn't you know? You shouldn't know that the council is run by the Illuminati... why the hell is that in the spell checker?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    most players will help you out if you ask. Just about anyone on the forums will help. I think we are a pretty nice and freindly community.
    Don't go asking randoms on (PvP) servers for help. More than likely they rob you and kill you.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    That is pretty much for every PvP game, not only SM :p
    Go into a CoD Match and troll by asking enemy team to help you figure out how to ADS. (Actually convinced a team one time it was hilarious getting free kills so I could "practice")

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Go into a CoD Match and troll by asking enemy team to help you figure out how to ADS. (Actually convinced a team one time it was hilarious getting free kills so I could "practice")
    Lol what? Really? That's hilarious. what does ads stand for?

Reaction score
    Lets see. don't go towarsd stars they will melt you and your ship. Pirates are weak, there stations are not weak. Power cubes are best built as 3d "L"s or straight lines. Jusy not cubes. Power capacity is best built in cubes. Sheild capacitors and shield regen doesn't care how its placed. Weapons take a lot more energy when they have multiple barrels. most players will help you out if you ask. Just about anyone on the forums will help. I think we are a pretty nice and freindly community.

Why would you build capacitors in cubes? aren't they irrelevant for placement? Especially for stations? If not, I have some serious redesigns to make (since stations and jump drives are the only things that actually really need capacitors)

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Why would you build capacitors in cubes? aren't they irrelevant for placement? Especially for stations? If not, I have some serious redesigns to make (since stations and jump drives are the only things that actually really need capacitors)
    Power capacitors are most efficient when they're in one large, connected group

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Indeed, as I recall, the formula for any one group is (block count)^1.7 or something.