I'm new to the game. How do weapon systems work?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I just soloed my first pirate station (the round one with the weak turrets) with a missile/missile setup and although I'm happy, I'm still a bit confused on how the weapon systems work.

Reaction score

And hi to the forum. Just recognized your name :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    First thing to know is that no matter what weapon combination you use, you will do the same relative amount of DPS regardless of how you combine your weapon setups. This basically means a cannon-beam setup with 100 total blocks will do the same overall DPS as a 100-block cannon-cannon setup.

Now, that aside, here is a helpful chart about how the different weapon systems work
    Oops it appears the guy above me beat me to it. RIP haha

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    You may also find this useful.
    Weapon Systems

Also, keep in mind, I am not sure how up to date either info is with regards to actual numbers.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    thanks for the help. Except for one thing, i want to find out where I connect the actual weapon barrels. the main computers? the slaves?

Reaction score
    thanks for the help. Except for one thing, i want to find out where I connect the actual weapon barrels. the main computers? the slaves?
    weapon barrels can be placed anywhere on your ship just hit "R" to make the weapon fire out of that block and that block will fire the shot counting any other adjacent weapon block as part of that "barrel"

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    One of the most basic points is the slave/master relationship:
    Use "C" when facing a block to select that block as master (typically, the weapon computer) and then use "V" when facing other blocks (typically gun barrels) to "slave" them to the "master block". You would also use the master/slave relationship on different weapon computers to create combos. Example: If you wanted a rapid-fire beam, you'd select the beam computer as master with "C" and then press "V" when facing the cannon computer to slave the cannon computer to the beam computer.

Pro-Tip: When you want to slave multiple adjacent blocks to a master computer, you can use the "Shift-V" combo (hold shift and press V while holding down Shift when facing one of the slave blocks) to slave that entire adjacent group of like blocks all at once.

Reaction score
    First thing to know is that no matter what weapon combination you use, you will do the same relative amount of DPS regardless of how you combine your weapon setups. This basically means a cannon-beam setup with 100 total blocks will do the same overall DPS as a 100-block cannon-cannon setup
    The projectiles have the same potential, but a homing missile will hit more often than a dumb fire...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The projectiles have the same potential, but a homing missile will hit more often than a dumb fire...
    Generally this is true but missiles in general can be next to useless if the enemy ship has point-defense turrets.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Building a ship in general, weapons specifically, is like playing rock-paper-scissors.
    Just go for what feels right, and adjust as needed.