• Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Oh wait what to say???

Errrr.....meh bye!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm sad that you're leaving, but I can understand if the game right now is now what you want it to be. I hope you will be back once the game is more complete and hopefully to your liking.

Reaction score

Faction warfare in game consists of griefing. You might occasionally get an actual battle fought with ships, but no. Offline raids, and internal sabotage are far too easy to execute and remove any sense of sportsmanship or competition from the game. And that's the thing, it's a game. It's not real life, your life is not on the line, so why bother with the underhanded shit?
    What you mention above is what happen in real life...also that's the fate of any faction and what a faction leader must deal with with each new member they recruit into their trusted group. Played too much of AstroEmpire, jumpgate and voltz to know how cut throat underhanded tactics is. I know all too well the stresses of being a faction leader and watching a successful campaign be zeroed in it's tracks due to these tactics.

There is NO FIX to being a "stress free" leader on a aggressive server....however you can take a break and or step down into a vice role, there no shame in that.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm sad that you're leaving, but I can understand if the game right now is now what you want it to be. I hope you will be back once the game is more complete and hopefully to your liking.
    Well, you can't please everyone. I would just keep doing what you're doing, it seems to be going well for you anyway. It's mostly an issue with the community itself and not a fault in the game. I mean, it's not the game's fault people are exploiting the mechanics. I do look forward to what you add in the future.

What you mention above is what happen in real life...also that's the fate of any faction and what a faction leader must deal with with each new member they recruit into their trusted group. Played too much of AstroEmpire, jumpgate and voltz to know how cut throat underhanded tactics is. I know all too well the stresses of being a faction leader and watching a successful campaign be zeroed in it's tracks due to these tactics.

There is NO FIX to being a "stress free" leader on a aggressive server....however you can take a break and or step down into a vice role, there no shame in that.
    No.

This is not real life. It is a game. There is no life or death situation here.

I don't want stress free, I want more ways to secure my faction against people who are far too weak and cowardly to face us like a man. Like an infaction permission system and ways to secure our shit while we're away. Maybe the faction points system will resolve this issue.

I will always expect underhanded tactics, but this a ship building game. I expect people to actually use ships. Cubes don't count.

Reaction score
    "This is not real life. It is a game. There is no life or death situation here. " ~ everything is a game...I how you play it is how you win it.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I personally dont think weapons update will fix it near as much as people think :u it will just add to the design of the ships (Fleet battles are still impossible, as well as sector size vs Average large ship).

I dunno, the game needs a few more steps before any form of faction warfare is viable - 3- but that day will come, and it will be glorious * ^*

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Ah, Incap. The times we've had.

I wish I could poetry like Claru. I bet if I could it would be cool.

You welcomed me with open arms when I had no where to go, reformed me and taught me ways of building and fighting that I had never known. You encouraged me to start myself a little roleplay faction about a mutually liked game series. We, as Tartarans, were here through the thick and the thin and survived many a storm that left others a shipwreck. You harbored no ill feelings when I resigned, and for that I am grateful. I considered you a true friend here, and you will be missed sorely.

I truly hope I had nothing to do with your resignation from the StarMade community. I will miss you.

Goodbye, Incap. Good luck in your future endeavors. I will be waiting.

Here, have this music. It doesn't have anything to do with the thread or the theme, but I like it. So... yeah.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Fair-well, Incap. It's always a sad day when an important, creative, fantastic member of a community leaves. I really hope you return one day.

Reactions: Bannta
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Actually, Incap will still visit from time to time. Just no more faction stuff. :I

Reaction score
    Fair-well, Incap. It's always a sad day when an important, creative, fantastic member of a community leaves. I really hope you return one day.
    I seem some of his stuff which is really good....however his farewell seem more like a protest post.

Anyhow...
    I hope he comes back... Players who build awesome art inspire the rest of us to build prettier non-cube shape ships.

Reactions: Pannta and Arkudo