Suggestion Ignore function is useless in its current state

Reaction score
    Let me describe to you what impact ignoring a user will have:
    • If he/she posts, threads will be shown updated in the forum view, and the forum lists "Ignored member" as last user.
    • In the thread view, all her/his posts are hidden, without any indication that there was a post.
    • Quotes will be completely removed from the quoting post.
    This makes it really hard to follow conversations, because posts, or sometimes only paragraphs (which doesn't make it better—I'd have to assume they are addressing someone else that they acually are) are taken out of context. Like this, it's easier to simply not ignore them and try to not read their crap.

Instead of hiding posts, they should be reduced to a box "Post by Ignored member" (or something like that). Quotes analogue.

Reaction score
    So I was told to post here if I have a suggestion. Bump.
    Please improve this. A got three likes on the very first day, that must count for something! :D

resba

administrator
    Reaction score
    Hi der_scheme!

This does sound like an interesting idea, I'll have to look into this further. I agree that the ignore function could be a bit more streamlined, or at least have some visual indication that the content was blocked because you didn't want to see it.

Thanks for the suggestion!