If you could add/change/remove one thing in Starmade, what would it be?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    MOBs...

A more complex tech tree. "Use this to make that." I think the basic/standard/advanced concept should be applied to more than just armor. It should be applied to power, weapons, shields, thrusters, jump drives, etc. A way to make something better without simply adding more blocks.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    I would add a way to ride :whale:s and a way to fly planets into stars. What could go wrong?

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    Why fly planets into stars when you can do a space ship bigger than a star and then warp in the star.(ps: the space ship dies)

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Why fly planets into stars when you can do a space ship bigger than a star and then warp in the star.(ps: the space ship dies)
    Because you can fly a fleet of planets into stars and kill a server! Also I've flown into plenty of stars so I know how boring that is.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    Flying a fleet of planets is probably 8 times more server killing than flying a fleet of space ships which are planet sized and use no docks.
    Because entity counts is a great factor in server breaking ability.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Flying a fleet of planets is probably 8 times more server killing than flying a fleet of space ships which are planet sized and use no docks.
    Because entity counts is a great factor in server breaking ability.
    Cool. I'd probably chuck in a few worm holes and an extra star too just to be sure it actually does kill my pc.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    As several mates have said: CONTENT TO PLAY

If I had to classify starmade right now, it would not be like a " GAME ", it would be more like a " CONSTRUCTION SIMULATOR " in space.

- We have NPCs that do nothing ( and let's not talk about interacting with them ).
    - We have game mechanics changing every week / month (energy / weapons / shields / armor / ...).
    - We have a trading system, which although is very interesting, has no use, because all the players are "self-sufficient".
    - We have an "INFINITE" universe, but the player does not have "ALICIENTS" to explore it.
    - We have planets, but they have no other use than to serve as a "BIG RESOURSE STORES".
    - We have AI-controlled factions, but they are "DEAD FACTIONS" that do not add "ROLE PLAY", you can only do two things if you meet them, destroy or ignore them.
    - We have many things that "play against us", canceling or preventing the creativity of the players and the way in which they use the content of the game (chain-drivers / additional dock-power-cores / dock-shield-supply / dock-armor-plates / empty spaces in the middle of our constructions without any purpose / ...)
    - We have many things promised, but the feeling is that they never arrive, and when they arrive, they do it 50% of the time, contrary to what people "suggest / like".
    - We "could" have more content, if we had an easy way to "add" content to the game ... the promised API never comes.
    - We have a "game" that has no purpose, or goal to achieve ... the only thing that exists is, build the biggest ship you can, and show it to others.
    - We have "many things in process" but "none 100% working".

Yes, I am a starmade FANBOY, because I like to play it ... but "I like to play it" and "I would like to continue playing it" are two totally different things, which are more in hand each day ... and unfortunately, one of them is gaining ground.

Reaction score
    - We have a "game" that has no purpose, or goal to achieve ... the only thing that exists is, build the biggest ship you can, and show it to others.
    Mine is bigger than your is the best game motivation.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I would remove every feature that does not present outright downsides by doing so (stabilizers as they are) as well as add any useful feature that ties-in with multiple gameplay aspects while remaining intuitive. Lastly, I'd change un-intuitive or single-purpose ideas to be more intuitive as well as further tied-in with the rest of the game.

Replace the bandaids and splints with surgical superglue and screws. It's gonna hurt, but it'll help prevent further harm as well as allow more free motion. :davewink:

Reaction score
    I love starmade, but I'm having trouble getting my brother and a few friends to play it- purely because they aren't motivated like I am by RP potential or exploration. Something you could add which would be a nice feature, would be to have NPC Pirate astronauts. At the moment me and my brother are making ships we like, then im downloading community ships and spawning them in as pirates.

Its great fun to try and fight a much larger deadlier ship, using our station turrets and such to chip away the shield and avoid getting obliterated in my sub-frigate class ships, because I love small nippy ones. We get their shield down and then I usually ram inside, my brother gets out and goes for their gun computers while I keep them from destroying me or the station by shooting missiles and dodging lasers.

All great fun right? well aside from the shields protecting the inside of the ship too, (which I think is a bit bunk, but probably easier then a shield that only protects the outside.) the lack of anything inside posing a threat makes it a bit of a boring task for my brother.

I'd love to see some NPC astronauts inside the ship trying to stop us. And hell if we can just have shields for external protection, well Il be making more armor tipped crafts to spear in and attack ships from the inside. Can you imagine how fun it would be if NPC crew actually had entities of their own to run around your ship to defend it? - The fear of seeing a small ship fly past your guns and blast through a docking bay door?

Your guns slowly fail as computer after computer gets sabotaged? - the warhead planted near your aux power reactor, the thump thump thump of the chain reaction eating away at your power reserve until your dead in the water?

I think such a small change as the two above, (not mechanically i Imagine its huge) I think would add so much more to the game. Imagine NPC pirates crashing into your ship just to get at your systems? - more armor on the port side please...

Reactions: Agame3
    Reaction score
    personaly I have had an idea that starmade could add a advanced building tool that makes it so you could have slopes that are more angled and can be sized by the selection thing, I doubt anything like this would be possible but it would make for some good ships