If an entity is docked to a station it can use factories, refineries, shipyards.

Reaction score
    If an entity is docked to a station it can use factories, refineries, shipyards - Simply put: Factories and refineries are not active if the ship is not docked to a station.

If shipyards are not possible with the code, just factories and refineries.

Two uses:
    1. Privileges. Permission access via faction module can be extended, so people can use the stations docked factory, but are unable to have access to the rest of the station.

2. Docked moving parts of the station. I wanted to make a ringworld, the rotating outside parts of the station would be useless if I can't have working factories on them.

-
    (3. several other uses I didn't think of)

Make it so, that factory using docked entities can have priority over others, so they get power instead of others. Also make the check not just for the first entity docked, but also entities higher in the chain. Lets say I have a ringworld section: It's docked to a rail, this rail-entitiy is docked to a rotator rail, this rotator rail entity is docked to the actual station -> leading to four docked entities in a chain.

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Interesting idea.
    In the update factories/refineries will be able to function on ships, so your entities will work by default. I'm looking forward to this.

Where permissions are concerned I would prefer more functionality in the Faction block.
    Power has been a tricky one for me. I've found it a pain having to build huge reactors on my station to cover all of my docked entities, whether they're turrets, ships, doors or anything else. I would prefer power to have been optional, where an entity can use it's own power or the stations power. Not tied to the latter.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Interesting idea.
    In the update factories/refineries will be able to function on ships, so your entities will work by default. I'm looking forward to this.

Where permissions are concerned I would prefer more functionality in the Faction block.
    Power has been a tricky one for me. I've found it a pain having to build huge reactors on my station to cover all of my docked entities, whether they're turrets, ships, doors or anything else. I would prefer power to have been optional, where an entity can use it's own power or the stations power. Not tied to the latter.
    Even better, with the actual energy mechanics it won't be exploity as under P1.0. It would be nice for stations when you dock, and to make self-sustaining / switchable turrets