Ideas for the rail system

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Post anything you may want to build once rails come out. I'll start:

An amusement park. The carts would move along the track, and if I was in the mood, once the planet was aligned the rails would launch the passengers of the roller coaster into orbit, directly facing a star. Then, push effect modules on the cart would kick in and send them slowly hurtling towards their deaths.

Mechs

Tanks

Hydraulics/pnuemetics for my sweg mobile (In space, no one can notice you bouncing up and down... because you don't)

Hamster wheel

Maybe when we get fall damage, a slow execution method that involves a circular track. The cart goes along at 250 m/s, and if the players decide to get out they'd simply be smashed

Interstellar race track

Trains

Moveable externally docked power tanks

Drone/missile launchers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think the main applications for rails I'll be using is for giant moving blast doors and inter-ship/station turbolifts, elevators, whatever you want to called them.

I can see big guns that have a faux-recoil upon activation. The largest scale implementation I'm looking forward to if possible is rotating entire sections of a ship around the core, or select areas of a station. Depending on how it works, unfolding wings, transforming ships... I'm sure Star Wars fans know what I've got in mind in those regards. The biggest stretch of the imagination for me are mecha, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high on the rail system, else something that's supposed to be so cool failing to deliver what it could not in the first place because of hype.

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A moving blast door with it's own shield.
    • monorail on a station and planet
    • retractable turrets
    • factories
    • bomb launchers
    • supply packet drop
    • garages

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I can see big guns that have a faux-recoil upon activation. The largest scale implementation I'm looking forward to if possible is rotating entire sections of a ship around the core, or select areas of a station. Depending on how it works, unfolding wings, transforming ships... I'm sure Star Wars fans know what I've got in mind in those regards. The biggest stretch of the imagination for me are mecha, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high on the rail system, else something that's supposed to be so cool failing to deliver what it could not in the first place because of hype.
    From what Bench has been saying, I bet it'll be pretty great.