Ideas for Starmade!

Reaction score
    Hello, Im Mattizzle

Been playing starmade non stop for the past week, absolutely hooked! just an amazing game!

Over the time I have been playing though the amount of ideas that have passed through my head are insane and I hope that some of the ideas I have are at least thought of and it would be amazing if they are implemented!

1. Sideways docking for example a tube that goes from a ship to a spacestaion where you can walk along like you see in some movies and tv shows. A good way of doing this could be magnets that you put on the ship and the docking area(tube). This is a good image to describe what I mean: http://i.space.com/images/i/000/014/636/i02/interstellar-space-travel-concepts-adrian-mann-33.jpg?1327011004

2. NPCs on planets hostile and friendly that you can trade, ally and become enemies with!

3. Escape pod, push a button while in flight mode and you go into you escape pod which jettisons out and heads to the nearest shop!

4. The shop needs a refit, or maybe have variety of different shapes for shops but keep a distinct feature that will allow you to identify it but what I was thinking is maybe have docking areas and a space to walk around inside with its own gravity that is automated (like planets) but still have the feature as it where you just have to be near and push B but to enchance that you could have a transmission with a small box and a portrait of the NPC of the shop which can be randomly generated with either just text or some dialog to make it more immersive.

These are just a few of my ideas, please leave a comment on these ideas and add any of your own and if you like these ideas get the word out for mine and for yours so it can hopefully be implemented!

Happy Ship building and Universe exploring! ;)

Mattizzle

Reaction score
    I like the escape pod idea. I think there should be several variations with it though. Such as just a simple escape pod that\'s just meant to get you out of a tight situation and you could end up anywhere to the nearest slab of rock, land, or a shop, depending what\'s closer.

Then a more advanced escape pod that you could attach some sort of GPS module that allows you to pre-configure your own coordinates to go to before having to launch it.

Reaction score
    Simply an escape pod with a thruster that keeps running for x seconds, flying you away from the ship.

Would be kinda useful for kamikaze ships with disintegrators.

Reaction score
    So... i got some too:

1: Something like a \"view camera\" (the same like the cockpit) where you can look around (not only straigth forward)

2: Blocks (similar to the plex doors) which you can activate/deactivate in flight-mode (maybe as landing gear)

3: Dont know... more awsomenes for this game :D