Ideas for logic mechanisms that can gain info about world

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How did I get this strange idea
    I was thinking about my suggestion: http://starmadedock.net/threads/way-to-make-lua-computers-in-game-without-laggs.7172/#post-103807
    And It brang me memories when I made GPS system in computercraft. Then I started to think how to make it in Starmade using logic... I didn't get idea how to get coordinates using logic blocks but I get idea how to mesasure what's Your rotation degree relative to another objects. I write about it at end of my post.
    Then I get idea - more input devices, that gather info about surrounding world - more possibilites with logics. Maybe some day I will get idea how to get info about Your coordinates in Starmade but it's not top priority. Let's brainstorm and get some cool measurment devices in Starmade!

But what I do mean?
    Currently logics are simple mechanisms but most data to any logic devices must be typed by players. But what I mean to build mechanisms that can gather data for You to use it later.

My idea (gyroscope that measures Your rotation degree realtive to another object):
    SkyLord inspired me because of his creation (starts 1:22). It works a little bit like gyroscope and could be used to measure angles in SM and put it into logic based memory devices.

White wheel is wheel made in starmade that rotates like Skylord's ship main part that is handled on turret that will always look at the same direction. White strokes are just lines of blocks that stands out from wheel each next one bigger than previous (wheel should be full of white strokes but I'm too lazy to draw them all). And red blocks are Area Trigger Blocks that sends signal if detects collision and is attached to turret that will always look at the same direction.

So how it work?
    If wheel is it's default position then smallest stroke hits measure device.
    It collides with only one Area Trigger Block so measure device will generate output 000000...00001
    If second stroke will collide then it means that wheel is rotated from it's default position by 1 deegree and because second stroke is longer then it will collide with 2 Area Trigger Blocks so Measure device will generate output like this: 000000...00011

Of course in our SM cubic world it will not be possible to create gyroscope that measure every single degree but You can create gyroscope that will be enough good to do some cool stuff.

EDIT 1
    Ok I invented better Gyroscope. Will make separated thread about it with in game screenshoots :D

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Faster logic clocks.
    Better Computer stuff:
    Heap+Stack = 1 cycle to push or pull ? (not tried jet)
    Cache = 1 cycle to read, 2 cycles to write.
    Ram = 1 cycle to write or read + 1 cycle to write back (after a read)
    HardDrive = 1 FlipFlop + 0.x control logic, but you need 2^x cycles to write data.​
    =
    Logisim