Ideas for future Updates

Reaction score
    I have been trying to help come up with ideas for starmade.

Here are my ideas:

-Comets: Made of ice and ice crystalsand some rock

-Metorites: Periodicly crash down on planets. Meterorite blocks have high value

-Colision damage: The more velocity something is impacted with the more damage it takes. Also plays can be killed by colision damage.

-Astroid Field: This would work with colision damage making astroid fields hard to get around hard to get around.

-Metotropolis: A city with bulidingand, roads and factories and posibly npc's

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I\'d like to point out that cities already spawn on terran planets with a 1/32 chance of spawning. Otherwise, I would really like to see other such celestial phenomena appear in the game like comets.

Reaction score
    I don\'t want collision damage to be in StarMade.

Or rather, I don\'t want the technical difficulties that are involved with it. It takes a lot of calculations to handle things like collision damage, especially if you want it to work properly based on mass and intertia.

Long story short, it would be a really laggy experience, crashing a capital ship into another capital ship or a planet would be obscene for the physics engine.

Not only that, but griefers and fatal accidents are much more of a possibility with collision damage.

Reaction score
    O really? How come you havent got any evidence to support it? How come i\'ve explored 43 planets (and counting) and no city?

Oh and btw, schema was talking and about collision damage, he said it may be a server option.