idea's for AI

Reaction score
    hello, i was playing the game recently and i was building a ship with a bobby AI unit in it, but than i was thinking, what if there was a button to give them commands, like follow, defend, explore,patroll,harvest,dock,undock,trade etc.

i would really like it if this went in the game(if not planned in future)

it would be more fun to play singleplayer and building a fleet wich you command while you fly your own ship. i mostly play allone becouse my friends dont play this game often and it would be nice to have a companion when i play.

i also think alot of us would like the idea of a AI mining for us while we do some other stuff, or have some ships wich keep pirates or other hostile factions away from our factionhomes so we can build our ships in peace.

thank you for reading.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah no...because firstly, bitch to code. Can\'t even imagine the amount of warping out of X situations..

Secondly it apperas performance intensive, the game takes out all lowly servers, imagine when everyone has 3 AI ships farming for them...

Thirdly, you should be doing the farming you slack ass! :)

Fourthly, this isn\'t eve online, that game takes months I hear to \"level up\" that concept does not exist in Star made

Reaction score
    so... what if the player is only able to make 1 of them wich has to do either mining or the other things, would that be possible or a option for the server host to put a limit on them, or may atleast in singleplayer? and btw i didn\'t knew what eve was until i saw your comment XD

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Schema has plans for major upgrades to the AI system. In his interview with CooPMine he told folks that he wants to eventually see players leading a wing of smart AI. That is probably still a long ways in the future, though.

Reaction score
    Programmable AI cores/Bobby modules will come in eventually ;) Don\'t listen to everyone saying it\'s a \'bitch to code\', they probably haven\'t seen uncompiled code themselves anyway.

Reaction score
    There are some times when people shoot down suggestions with a variation on the phrase, \"It\'s too hard to go\" where I agree with them. This, however, is one of those times where I think, \"Too hard to code? I\'ve made more complex systems on homework assignments...\"