Ideal build for a Turret?

TSM

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Number of power Units ?
    Number of AMC's ?
    Can they and is it wise to use Missile Launchers on them?
    or does anyone have a design I could borrow to get the idea :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

1. Turrets use the power system on the main ship, so no power modules are neccessary

2. the antimatter cannon count is dependant on the what the power system can support

3. sure, missiles work fine

4. not at the moment.

5. AI modules, in my experience, are a bad idea. They like to team kill and shoot holes in your ship.

Reaction score
    You don\'t need any power units at all. When the turret is docked it pulls power from the main ship\'s reserves.
    Strap as many AMCs on as you want really...
    If by \'they\' you mean the Bobby AI\'s then I don\'t know, sorry. I would assume that since the AI pirate mobs cannot use missles yet, then maybe it is the same for the Bobby AI.
    I\'ve had a few tries, but to be honest my designs are pretty ugly looking. Functional, but ugly.

EDIT: Damnit, too slow. xD

TSM

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://tsm.is-a-geek.net/images/StarMade/Turrets/ its a start :)

Reaction score
    Cool cool, though I see you have power blocks and thrusters on the turret... again it doesn\'t need any of that once it is actually linked onto a main ship.

Reaction score
    For some reason my turret isn\'t drawing power from the ship, so it\'s shields won\'t go up. Any thoughts? The ship is docked to a turret dock, the core is on the bottom. I don\'t know what else to do lol

Reaction score
    I put 4 (or more) Shield gens on my turrets in the event that they get blasted off, or if they don\'t draw shields from the main ship. As for not drawing power from the ship, I also put 3 power cores and a capacitor (the red ones) and an engine on so they can be flown around like a small ship. Hopefull you can get it working. Good luck!

Reaction score
    Lately my turrets have been saying that my power is empty even though my GIANT AMCs are firing as fast as ever. My shields, however, are not recharging at all and build mode tells me that the power capacity is shared but the power regen is not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been having the same issue. I have currently been building my turrets to have power gens on them due to this issue.

For those having issues setting up turrets I have created a video that should help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJChEpY138M

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for this information guys, do turrets also draw shields from the main ship (like power?) or do you need to add these to the turret?

Thanks

Reaction score
    Build turrets with antimatter canons and shields. Put a power block and some thrusters on the outside. After you dock it, you can remove the power block and thrusters easily. That way it saves room internally for things that are actually useful while attached to the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cool thanks Jolly, I\'ll do that. But just for my information do the turret draw shields from the main ship if you ahven\'t got any attached to the turret? Or would the turret be shieldless?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Turrets draw power from the main ship to fire their AMC\'s.

They will not draw power to recharge their shields.

Turrets are not shielded by the mothership, they need their own.

Turrets will use their own power to fire their AMC\'s if they have it.

It\'s best to have a few power generators on your turret to recharge shields when the guns aren\'t firing, otherwise they will not recharge in any decent manner of time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s great, I think I\'m going to ahve to run some tests to check a couple of other things out. Like if you place power on a turret to recharge the turrets shields and then you start firing, I presume that the AMC\'s will consume the power of the units on the turret first and then switch to the ships power? This would leave your turret without shields?

No need to answer I\'ll have a play around to get a better understanding and thanks again for your time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, the AMC\'s will first eat up all the power from the turret\'s capacitor leaving none to recharge shields. shields don\'t need power to be active, only to regen, so you won\'t lose shields just by having no power.