Idea for new defence weapon

there isn't a lot of defence weapons on starmade and people can easy core drill your ship. My idea for a new defence weapon is a magnet that pulls weapon fire towards it to protect the core from direct fire. The magnet will be more powerful in groups and when in a group it will have more range and a more powerful pull. The stronger the weapon that is firing at your ship the less powerful the magnet pull will be to the weapon fire. The closer the weapon fire gets to the magnet the more the magnet will effect it and there should be a option on the magnet to make so it dosen't pull your ships fire or that of your faction. With this magnet you will be able to defend your important parts of your ship from weapon fire better and you will be able to build ships to protect other ships from getting hit

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This is actually a really cool idea. It shouldn't activate until shields drop, I think, because otherwise people would just put magnets on poles and most of the enemies' shots would miss.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This is a cool idea, and would fix core drilling because you would be aiming for the power systems and magnet trying to turn it off

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    core drilling will not be a thing for long... I am also not sure how this would be balanced, nor how it would even work...

Reaction score
    core drilling will not be a thing for long... I am also not sure how this would be balanced, nor how it would even work...
    They're planning a ship-hp system, which will make core drilling useless, which will then make this idea much less valuable. The only way I could see this helping somebody would be if they wanted enemy fire directed away from a section of a ship filled with crucial systems.

Still a cool idea though. :)