I voted... try to change my mind

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since ive only been on the forums since february, ive based my votes on what ive seen those people post so far, as well as what answeres i got in their Q&A threads.

So since we all are blaring out of votes, ill join the whatever-train:

1. Megacrafter127 - Technical knowledge, modder, seems to go mainly by logic, so he should have a better understanding of whats possible and what not, as well as how something would affect the games performance. Answered my questions in his Q&A thread very well.
    2. Comr4de - Seems to have a good understanding about the current combat mechanics, something thats in dire need of change, so i hope he will be a positive influence to changes regarding combat. Also has humor and some derpiness, people without that tend to take games to serious.
    3. Keptick - His Drone RnD shows that he does spent a good deal of time to figure out aspects of starmade in detail, a very good trait in my opinion.
    4. Sven_The_Slayer - He does have some... lets say not so shiny moments, but so far i havnt seen anyone here with better logic related stuff, so i hope he will be contribute to improve starmades logic.
    5. Lidren - I dont know much about him sadly, so i have not idea what his strenghts are, but he answered my questions very well, so i hope he will be able to be a good council member.

There, now feel flattered, or insulted, if youre in that list :p

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    5. Lidren - I dont know much about him sadly, so i have not idea what his strenghts are, but he answered my questions very well, so i hope he will be able to be a good council member.
    Lidren is the owner of one (or possibly the only) major RP server right now, and was very active on the steam community hub after Starmade's release. I don't know a whole lot about him, but he is very attentive to say the least, I've noticed him responding to white list applications within the hour on several occasions. Does seem like a good candidate in hindsight, might have to amend my votes.

Reaction score
    You voted for Tomino_sama, despite his warning history? A chat ban and 2 time flamer just days before the applications became viewable? Meaning that while applications were being discussed and submitted, he broke the rules, not once, but twice.

I don't see how in good conscious one could vote for someone who has a blatant disregard for the community rules. The council is supposed to represent us, and he is not a good role model. His whole application sounded more like an advertisement for his social media pages and youtube channel than anything.

Just saying.
    To be fair, I got warning points days before applications went up as well so I wouldn't say that the points themselves are representative of someone's character. But rather the situation and reasons said person received them.

I do accuse moderator bias. I do feel it is unjust. I have spoken to Those tasked with this, both Moderators and Schine. I have had the ban lifted since. It is still on the application.
    Tomino_sama
    If I might, I'd like to ask. Does this mean you believe the mods in chat that day were biased for banning you?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I will not share for whom I voted.

But my criteria were as follows:
    • Most likely to do what the council is assigned: collate community opinion and inform the Schine team.
    • Put the job at hand before their own opinion and ego.
    • Not an "arguer" (as a fellow arguer, you are easily identified...) (This eliminated quite a few "popular" candidates -- some of which I quite like, personally.)
    • Enough experience to know what's going on; "expert" status not required, however.
    • Calm demeanor (typically exhibited by the tone/manner of forum posting.)
    • Articulate and/or above-average communicator who waits until there is a good reason to voice an opinion.
    • Has sufficient time available to perform duties. (This actually eliminated 1 candidate I wanted to vote for.)
    • Does not have an obvious bias. (You can claim that you'll keep your bias under wraps, but it's just too difficult.)
    • Other minor things, "vibes"...

So, I mostly picked candidates unlike myself...

~ee

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Not an "arguer"
    Please, define "arguing". I am asking this, because in some definitions it also includes being active in regular discussions.(which should be frequent on the council, just like in any other group, that is assigned a task)
    I doubt that is the case here, but I still want to be sure.

Reaction score
    Please, define "arguing".
    "Arguers" are either those that need to be right and continue to follow-up with postings to "prove" their point no matter what (which I am guilty of), or simply take pleasure in "disproving" or "discounting" a person's opinion/observation -- usually without regard to the over-arching context (which I hope I have not done.)

"Discussers" allow for possibilities in another's opinion that they may not have considered. They do not bring the air of "hostility." They seek to understand and clarify (as you are now) rather than "confront." They allow themselves to be wrong.

Arguers demand to make their point -- it often turns into "debate". Discussers often ask a lot of questions (without the intention of entrapment) and can phrase their statements and questions "diplomatically." Much of the difference is in the intent.

-----

I find that I'm a Discusser when among Discussers, an Arguer when among Arguers. Much of the dialogue in game fora tend to be argumentative or become so -- therefore, I'll consider myself mostly an arguer. But after a while I do tire of it and just quit, whether I feel I've been understood or not.

~ee

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Also, posting stuff seems so... wrong.

I dunno, I just feel like you shouldn't say "I voted for X-Y and Z, discuss how my choices are superior to yours"
    Rubs me the wrong way

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Also, posting stuff seems so... wrong.

I dunno, I just feel like you shouldn't say "I voted for X-Y and Z, discuss how my choices are superior to yours"
    Rubs me the wrong way
    No one's even really asking for this it's just hopping on the bandwagon. Bandwagonning isn't bad but when it clogs up discussion because there's too many opinions flying around post to post, it's safe to assume people will not care about one's votes very quickly.

I think people should just keep their votes to themselves.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Don't ask for people to change your mind. You are supposed to vote for people who you think you can talk to. If you can approach those people with questions and get answers/feedback in return that is helpful go with them. Once this becomes a popularity contest it's all over.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    To be fair, I got warning points days before applications went up as well so I wouldn't say that the points themselves are representative of someone's character. But rather the situation and reasons said person received them.

Tomino_sama
    If I might, I'd like to ask. Does this mean you believe the mods in chat that day were biased for banning you?
    I just hope there are/ will be no alt accounts with similar names to others are made to spread a bad view of others.

Not for this vote and not in the future.