I tried

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So i tried to make a ship with interiors.. And horribly failed.
    It looks like an asteroid base but without an asteroid..

The interiors are really cramped up and they suck too..

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    lol, it like you're building things with a really really low "resolution". Try adding some more "pixels" and it should look better (as in add in some slanted stuff). But hey, at least you tried :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like the idea of keeping a ship focused on the interior space though. It is great if it looks good outside, but remember a ship is to carry people!

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I tried this once. Building an interior and then the ship around it... I failed, too.

Try building the outer hull, large enough for all the things you want inside and then Build the interoir into the hull. Filling up the empty spaces between the outer hull and the inner (interior) hull with systemBlocks makes the whole ship complete ;)

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To do interiors first, you have to build with a final shape in mind. I'll post some pictures later in my Reliance-class battleship thread—I built a very rough framework of the exterior shape, then built the interior more or less against those constraints, editing where I needed for functionality.

Reaction score
    To do interiors first, you have to build with a final shape in mind. I'll post some pictures later in my Reliance-class battleship thread—I built a very rough framework of the exterior shape, then built the interior more or less against those constraints, editing where I needed for functionality.
    yeah exactly i design all my ships first cause i started like that then went to a saucer because i always build my interior first just for aesthetics

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I generally pick one "feature" or room for a ship, like a hangar, control room or cargo bay and design around that. Try again, mate.