I Need Turret Help

Reaction score
    Hello,

I'm trying to make a really powerful turret but I cant find any decent Tutorials, I want my turrets to hit over 1k DPS, As this will be going on a Very high hitting but small ship. If anyone can point me to tutorials I'll greatly apreciate it.

Many Thanks

ThisIsOneCrazyMonkey

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'re an idiot. Just experiment until you have what you want, it isn\'t that hard. If you seriously want help, provide the upper mass limit for your turrets.

Reaction score
    I agree with you Bede if you can\'t make a turret how the you going to make a ship lol

Reaction score
    Bede, no need to call him an idiot. thats just disrespectful for no reason.

however, it is unlikely a powerful turret will end up on a small ship, depending on how you define \"small\".

Reaction score
    Hi,

The main thing you need to know about turrets is that the bottom of the turret\'s core touches (almost) the ship\'s docking unit. This means that you can have no blocks below the bottom of the turret\'s core.

Apart from that it\'s like a ship (weapons shoot forward); except that you don\'t need lots of things for turrets (e.g. no thrusters), What you do need is weapon/s, shields, power generators (for shields) and (optional) hulls for outer armour. You also need a bobby AI unit that isn\'t too hard to access from outside the turret (to turn on); and you may or may not need a faction unit.

Note: I\'d recommend having faction units on your ships and turrets so that turret\'s bobby AI can tell who is a friend and who is an enemy by itself. That way you can set the turret\'s bobby AI to \"target any\" and let it do its own thing (rather than setting it to \"target selected\" where it only fires at whatever you have targeted manually).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Pretty much everything that Qweedsy said, but with one small correction: You can have up to one block below the bottom of your turret\'s core, if desired. In my experience, doing so can be aesthetically pleasing, as well as providing more protection for the internals of a turret, but can cause hassles with editing certain parts of the parent ship while the turret is docked, and can sometimes make accessing certain things on the turret such as the core a bit of a hassle, depending on how one has designed said turret.

Also, the plausibility of what you are attempting to achieve is somewhat determined by what you mean by \"DPS\". Do you mean the usual definition of said acronym, \"Damage Per Second\"? If so, that may very well be feasible, depending on your size limits. If you mean, \"Damage Per Shot\", and are meaning \"small ship\" in the way that I think you do, then there\'s likely no way.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I like to use a duel computer design, this allows you to pack AMCs in tightly without them all connecting and forming a single big AMC. Multiple AMCs have more DPS than single ones so I build a single cannon as big as it needs to be to get desired damage and than stack them for more outputs.

The big turret on top has 8 cannons, 4 in each barrel, it produces a much more impressive looking projectile and does more damage than if it were just 2 big cannons.