I need some help here with rail docking...

Reaction score
    I am not sure if it is a bug or what...
    At first I put a rotatory block down... tried docking to it with the rail docker, not happening... I put down a rail and tried again, still not happening... keep getting a small message saying cannot mix rail docking with old system... or something like that... What is up with that... Do I have to remove an old turret dock from my station to use the rail system in a completely different location on the station or is this just a bug or a glitch in the game? Any one know?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I believe you do have to remove all old docking blocks to dock. I'm not 100% sure on that though, just to be sure, you are using the rail dockers beam and not the core beam?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Have to remove all old docking modules and enhancers as well as turret ones before you can start to use the new rail docking.

Reaction score
    I believe you do have to remove all old docking blocks to dock. I'm not 100% sure on that though, just to be sure, you are using the rail dockers beam and not the core beam?
    yes I figured it out... LUCKILY THE BASE I CLAIMED HAD NOT BEEN TO MODIFIED BY ME YET... There was only one turret for a HUGE gun... Imagine the number of enhancers... something like 25 I think... LOL!!! Anyways... Thank you...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448007574,1448005656][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Have to remove all old docking modules and enhancers as well as turret ones before you can start to use the new rail docking.
    And hey there Bench... LOL!!! Been kinda spamming your rotation block videos trying to learn the Logic of it... MY HEAD HURTS FROM TRYING IT OUT THOUGH... I was the one who messaged you on Youtube...
    I Don't know what I did wrong but it didn't react the way it should of... after getting past one button... I don't know what I hooked wrong... All I know is the test spun with just an active block next to the rotator and then when I went to add the next piece the same way you did... IT JUST DIDN'T SPIN ANYMORE... I made sure it was docked and even tore it apart and retried hoping I messed up in the connecting... SMH... No response... I tinkered for about 2 hours, when I was supposed to be making dinner, LOL!!! The kids weren't to happy they ate late... LOL!!! BUT I WANT TO GET THIS SHIP DONE... Between a bad bug and other issues with my computer... This poor ship has been sitting on hold for a few months since I started her... I want to get this Swing wing idea working but I can't seem to wrap my head around the wiring part of logic... IT'S LIKE I NEED A MAP OR A DRAWN OUT MANUAL... LOL!!! I don't know, was wondering if you could work a video into several rotatory blocks in a wing... I have a tiny bit of a clue how to do it but not sure how to get the logic to work for me... This poor ship is taking forever to get done...

Reaction score
    WELL GOOD NEWS BENCH... After crapping the spam... I mean spamming the crap out of you video on controlling the rotation... I am EXACTLY WHERE IT LEAVES OFF... Now... Um... How to go further... Wireless Logic and sensor logic... AT LEAST with this test figure... not quite a wing at this moment... It looks like a pinball paddle more or less... I need this swing wing to be able to swing forward in sections until it's pointing directly ahead of the ship...
    Which brings me to my next thought... Too bad there isn't some way to link weapons up in a moving part like this... What I mean is like say this wing idea has like five or six sections to it... that two wings and each swingable section has an identical cannon with the same effects... that each can fire separately from each other while the wings are out stretched to the sides of the ship... then you toggle the wing switch for the wings to swing forward and each gun now lines up and becomes one interconnected cannon which amplifies to the potential of power each cannon has individually... so like six times the power of one of them by them selves... they would have to alpha strike to work though... unless the ship has back up guns then it's screwed and a power drainage from two wings of six guns could be a problem... BUT MY BABIES DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM MOST OF THE TIME...
    In fact I tend to find REALLY Cool looking ships and find out they have a power problem most of the time... I usually end up modifying them to add a lot more serious amounts of power... Then regret I went that far because I spent time on other's ships instead of my own... SMH in shame... LOL!!!
    Anyways I will keep you up to date how this is going... I may need help, but I maybe able to learn a thing or two from others... I have an immobile crane arm in my base and have been thinking about making it mobile with some rails and logic... Just to have something to play around with in the base...

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Shot you a reply on YouTube