I need Ideas for my faction. please help ;D

Reaction score
    Hey guys. I've been on a server for awhile now, and have held off making a faction yet, because I wanted a very fun themed one.
    I guess to start off, I'm trying to make a "Plant or almost Fungi-like" race. Some words to describe this Race would be Tree-like, Mossy, Saproling(MTG), Seedy, almost "Zerg"(Starcraft) or "Flood"(Halo) like, Pods, Decaying, Organic, Non Humanoid, Parasites, "Floran"(from game Starbound).
    I think I have finally Decided on a name. I was thinking "Mycon" (Idea form the 1991 game Star Control for the Commodore 64)

and I need Ideas for the ships and names, as well as ranks in the Faction.
    I was thinking of getting a decaying station as the Faction Home and remaking it with Big Huge vines or something wrapping around the outside of it.

Some Names or ideas for ranks I have so far, (I'm not taking credit for these just fyi, I know most are from something, its pretty difficult to be original these days, so please no hating ;p):
    my ideas: (please gimme better ideas, this is just an example!)

More Zerg like:
    Faction Leader: Overlord, HiveLord
    Co-leader: Swarmlord
    Elder: Overseer
    Captains: Coruptor
    Member: Drone
    Newbie: Larva

More Plant like (what I'm leaning towards):
    Faction Leader: Chloroplast, Plantae,
    Co-leader: Sow-master, Germinator
    Elder: Vulturine, Protozoan, SeedReaper
    Captains: Caratid, Phyton, Thallid
    Member: Pod, Flyrap, VineLasher, Thorning,
    Newbie: Seedling, Saproling, Rootling, Spore

Ships:
    Capital Ship: Brood-Mother, Brood-Queen
    Battleship: Phyto-Thrasher
    Carrier: Spore-Caster
    Mining ship: Harvester
    Fighter: Thorn
    Drone: Sprig

Anyways, as most of you will prob see, I'm not as imaginative as I think you guys might be, so lemme know what you think. Again, I'm going for very a very Organic Race that hates Humanoids, and kinda just spread around the Galaxy infesting everything.
    And I want a kinda synergy among them all, like they all work off each other.
    Also.. Idk if people want to include maybe a lore or backstory to this race, would also be cool!
    Thanks for reading and input!!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    He's brainstorming for ideas/names and is asking for community support before actually forming the faction. He probably left out the server on purpose >.>
    he said, -_- you know what screw it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys. I've been on a server for awhile now, and have held off making a faction yet, because I wanted a very fun themed one.
    I guess to start off, I'm trying to make a "Plant or almost Fungi-like" race. Some words to describe this Race would be Tree-like, Mossy, Saproling(MTG), Seedy, almost "Zerg"(Starcraft) or "Flood"(Halo) like, Pods, Decaying, Organic, Non Humanoid, Parasites, "Floran"(from game Starbound).
    I think I have finally Decided on a name. I was thinking "Mycon" (Idea form the 1991 game Star Control for the Commodore 64)

and I need Ideas for the ships and names, as well as ranks in the Faction.
    I was thinking of getting a decaying station as the Faction Home and remaking it with Big Huge vines or something wrapping around the outside of it.

Some Names or ideas for ranks I have so far, (I'm not taking credit for these just fyi, I know most are from something, its pretty difficult to be original these days, so please no hating ;p):
    my ideas: (please gimme better ideas, this is just an example!)

More Zerg like:
    Faction Leader: Overlord, HiveLord
    Co-leader: Swarmlord
    Elder: Overseer
    Captains: Coruptor
    Member: Drone
    Newbie: Larva

More Plant like (what I'm leaning towards):
    Faction Leader: Chloroplast, Plantae,
    Co-leader: Sow-master, Germinator
    Elder: Vulturine, Protozoan, SeedReaper
    Captains: Caratid, Phyton, Thallid
    Member: Pod, Flyrap, VineLasher, Thorning,
    Newbie: Seedling, Saproling, Rootling, Spore

Ships:
    Capital Ship: Brood-Mother, Brood-Queen
    Battleship: Phyto-Thrasher
    Carrier: Spore-Caster
    Mining ship: Harvester
    Fighter: Thorn
    Drone: Sprig

Anyways, as most of you will prob see, I'm not as imaginative as I think you guys might be, so lemme know what you think. Again, I'm going for very a very Organic Race that hates Humanoids, and kinda just spread around the Galaxy infesting everything.
    And I want a kinda synergy among them all, like they all work off each other.
    Also.. Idk if people want to include maybe a lore or backstory to this race, would also be cool!
    Thanks for reading and input!!
    Looks good to me. Maybe use some images for backup of roleplay storyline....e.g:

Faction 13: Angry Plant People!->http://reassembly.wikia.com/wiki/Meet_the_Factions

This faction look similar to the neutral space plants except for the fact that they have armed biomass and the territorial behavior towards anything that travel through their territory, they have 2 main types of weapons, a forward firing laser and a hexagonal missile launcher. They are rather infamous for their missile launching abilities, get on their nerves, and they will unleash repeated volleys of missiles in every possible direction. Lacking shields of any sort, they look a lot like biological life-forms. Just like the neutral plants they can seed themselves into asteroids and derelict debris, but these plants would rather harm their enemies instead of giving them what they want, the biomass resource. In appearance their hull biomass has an olive green color and their biomass weaponry are yellow-green. In fact once they have reached to a certain stage of development they will start creating ships of their own, these "bio" ships however, are pretty much pushovers, and seldom pose more of a threat than their rooted counterparts. You may also occasionally see huge "plant planets" which may seem threatening at first, but have nothing going for them but their huge size.

This race is playable by modifying the game's cvars.txt file and adding Faction 13 to the kPlayableFactions key, and destroying a 1000-point capital ship belonging to the faction in-game.
    Faction 5: Peaceful Plants->http://reassembly.wikia.com/wiki/Meet_the_Factions

All the plants, before the game was patched so that plants became procedural.

This faction consists of all the "regular" plants. They regrow lost parts, and reproduce by spawning seeds which fly around and attach to asteroids or sometimes station debris. They produce resources at a slow rate, which can be collected by waiting for them to wither and die. They also have no weapons, and only a harmless projectile seed launcher which is only used by Faction 2. Despite most of them functioning pretty much the same way, there are some plants with unique properties, which makes them even more effective at producing R.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Faction 13: Angry Plant People!->http://reassembly.wikia.com/wiki/Meet_the_Factions

This faction look similar to the neutral space plants except for the fact that they have armed biomass and the territorial behavior towards anything that travel through their territory, they have 2 main types of weapons, a forward firing laser and a hexagonal missile launcher. They are rather infamous for their missile launching abilities, get on their nerves, and they will unleash repeated volleys of missiles in every possible direction. Lacking shields of any sort, they look a lot like biological life-forms. Just like the neutral plants they can seed themselves into asteroids and derelict debris, but these plants would rather harm their enemies instead of giving them what they want, the biomass resource. In appearance their hull biomass has an olive green color and their biomass weaponry are yellow-green. In fact once they have reached to a certain stage of development they will start creating ships of their own, these "bio" ships however, are pretty much pushovers, and seldom pose more of a threat than their rooted counterparts. You may also occasionally see huge "plant planets" which may seem threatening at first, but have nothing going for them but their huge size.

This race is playable by modifying the game's cvars.txt file and adding Faction 13 to the kPlayableFactions key, and destroying a 1000-point capital ship belonging to the faction in-game.
    Faction 5: Peaceful Plants->http://reassembly.wikia.com/wiki/Meet_the_Factions

All the plants, before the game was patched so that plants became procedural.

This faction consists of all the "regular" plants. They regrow lost parts, and reproduce by spawning seeds which fly around and attach to asteroids or sometimes station debris. They produce resources at a slow rate, which can be collected by waiting for them to wither and die. They also have no weapons, and only a harmless projectile seed launcher which is only used by Faction 2. Despite most of them functioning pretty much the same way, there are some plants with unique properties, which makes them even more effective at producing R.
    Woo, another reassembly player!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    As a fan of Starbound, I think a Floran-like faction would be very cool. Broods aren't really fitting for plants, though.