I need help with Jammer/cloak blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to know how exactly the cloaking blocks work. Do I have place adjecent to each other throughout the whole length the ship or just at the end of dimensions, like one block at front/back, the most far right/left and down/up? I am asking because the blocks need a lot of power to operate. So getting some answers, I might have some idea, how to try it out with some promising results.

Also i would like to know from known experience how many jammers block would be effective, lets say in a 10K(1K mass) ship? Also, does the placement effect the jammers abibility?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been trying to figure them out recently, but I haven\'t gotten very far.

For 0C Cloakers, I tested multiple blocks in various configurations and saw no difference in energy draw/output. I can tell you that a cloaked ship drains 1k energy/sec per 1 mass, or 10 blocks.

Placement has no effect on its power consumption, so far as I can tell.

Like I said, the only thing I\'m sure about is the 1k energy/sec drain per 1 mass, so if anyone notices that I\'m wrong on something please give me a heads up.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    As of now, cloaking and jamming only requires you to have a single cloaker/jammer block somewhere on the ship and location doesn\'t matter at all. Cloaking takes Xk/sec energy where X is your mass, with radar jamming taking less energy. It is possible to design a ship capable of doing both at the same time while moving, but you have to have a very efficient ship.

Reaction score
    Note that merely cloaking is useless in PvP , as your ship signature will remain visible. On its own , cloaking appears to prevent pirate ships and turrets from targeting you - they will immediately lose track of you when you activate it.

Adding power blocks that don\'t increase the dimensions of their group is useless , as the combined jammer and cloak drains will outweigh the power generation increase. Extra layers of power blocks may help , but not very much when you want to keep the same thrust/mass ratio ; a single group is better.

Beware , sector transitions may sometime cause those systems to spontaneously shut down (or appear to be on the interface) so always be ready to recloak fast.