I need help with Docking

Reaction score
    So, I know the rail update brought a bunch of functionality , but for some reason now I can't get the regular docking blocks to work sense the update. I'm not sure if they are no longer being used or not but I would love some insight.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    You now use a rail docker to dock to a regular rail. Once your dock is set up it works exactly the same only you have to move the rail docker from your weapons menu onto your hotbar.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The old docking blocks (the ones that create rectangular docking areas above the active face of the block and use docking enhancer blocks to increase the size of the rectangular area) are no longer in use.

My understanding is that they will work by themselves until any kind of rail system is introduced to an entity. (Probably a transition hack, which might not even be in place in recent updates.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think their functionality was entirely disabled - they were kept in the game so that older ship designs would not be corrupted when loaded into the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    server.cfg
    ALLOW_OLD_DOCKING_BEAM = false //enables old docking beam

Reaction score
    Yea sorry, the old perimeter docking is over. Now you have to replace the old docking parts with the new. You can just replace the part on your ship that you dock with as a rail docker and the part your landing on as a rail... when you dock the arrows on the docker and rail will line up, so point them the way you want to dock!