I need a funnel

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I need a funnel. That is to say, I need a block that will pull item from any inventory above it downwards. We already have item transport without pipes and that's cool. All I need is a funnel-like block and I'll be happy. What I think is key is that the block should be able to pull from inventories on other entities. That way we can pull ores straight from our mining ships for processing and not have to take items in your personal inv across every time. With wireless logic the possibilities are immense.

Reaction score
    You can have a central feed point which then pulls items of certain types and keeps feeding down the line.

I make one that I just take a box at end of my station dock and drop in everything from the ship. Then it all filters in and gets sorted to refineries, storage boxes and such. With our new push buttons plus a slow delay you can even reduce the boxes for query/dump to 1 combined.

But sadly there exist no automatic dock and empty block types or methods. I imagine a transfer beam with a range of 10 blocks or something ridiculously small tied to a storage box. It hits a storage box and pulls contents as if you did it yourself and then passes those items to the storage box locally. Which we can pull from. Then we can make docking activate the beam for a certain time using logic which lines up to a dump storage box.