I made an OBJ exporter for blueprints. Now you can import your ships to any 3D modeling program.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Hardware Store
    Great tool. I have a crazy question, do you think you can make a program that does OBJ to SM because your program is so easy to use. It would be nice to have something else outside of SMedit because SMedit is not supported anymore.
    Currently I have little time to work on this tool. However, I am slowly working on OBJ to SM, but I can not promise you it will be finished soon. Probably on Christmas.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Currently I have little time to work on this tool. However, I am slowly working on OBJ to SM, but I can not promise you it will be finished soon. Probably on Christmas.
    THANK YOU!!! Your tool is very simple to use and to be able to use the same process for a OBJ to SM would be great. Do you think it will be possible to change the sizes of the ship in your tool or is that little too complex for this tool?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Might as well make a program that lets you build out-of-game, like blender but voxels.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Merry Christmas to me lol. Thanks for this Unknown, I'm trying to learn 3D modeling with my 9yr old daughter (she's the talented one btw) and since this and blender are free it's a good place to start.

Reaction score
    i just ordered a 3d printer and im so stoked to print my ship! i loaded it up in game and broke it into printable pieces and saved each one separately. ill post here in a couple weeks when i start printing. only thing i noticed is the new slabs blocks dont show up when i load into blender. they appear as full cubes.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    i just ordered a 3d printer and im so stoked to print my ship! i loaded it up in game and broke it into printable pieces and saved each one separately. ill post here in a couple weeks when i start printing. only thing i noticed is the new slabs blocks dont show up when i load into blender. they appear as full cubes.
    I would assume that issue is because 1) they're technically still full cubes, and 2) the exporter hasn't been updated to account for that new data yet.

Reaction score
    I would assume that issue is because 1) they're technically still full cubes, and 2) the exporter hasn't been updated to account for that new data yet.
    thats what i was thinking. i still figured id mention it though :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Hardware Store
    The exporter hasn't been updated for that types of blocks. I will take a look at it and fix it as soon as possible.
    Looking forward to see your prints!

Reactions: Lecic

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Tried your thingie here again and I love the new menu stuff, no room for errors like last time! (you know where I somehow got it to delete my starmade folder)

But I have troubles again, I can't seem to get docked entities to convert properly, every single ship I convert that has anything docked turns out to look something like this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Tried your thingie here again and I love the new menu stuff, no room for errors like last time! (you know where I somehow got it to delete my starmade folder)

But I have troubles again, I can't seem to get docked entities to convert properly, every single ship I convert that has anything docked turns out to look something like this.
    I will see about making an updated tutorial but UnknownProcess if the tool is going to be updated soon, let me know so I can make it when it updates, if not I'll make it sooner.

Reactions: Nauvran
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Yup, 1:1000 scale. I think I might make myself a fleet of fighters and such. And a new thread once I make that fleet. Which reminds me, I better get back to building the things ingame.

The exporter hasn't been updated for that types of blocks. I will take a look at it and fix it as soon as possible.
    Looking forward to see your prints!
    Also, when is this slab thing happening?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When is this getting updated to handle chunk32? I know the recent model export thing that they added may make this seem obsolete, but I prefer this program's customizability and flexibility over the official one click solution. Plus, I don't have to load up the game and unnecessarily tax my already slow computer.