I Lost My Singleplayer World! Help!!!

Reaction score
    Hey, so I have been building a large ship on one of my single player worlds... Everything was fine.

Then, I logged onto a multiplayer server, still fine. However, when I tried to exit the server to main menu, I got some sort of shader error and the game crashed. No big deal, I thought, since I was trying to shut the game down anyways.

However, now I cannot log into my singleplayer world! Everytime I start it, I just get sent to main menu with a "Sorry, world failed to initialize, try reinstalling starmade." Or something along those lines. I have not saved my ship to blueprints (I know, stupid), so I am terrified that all my hard work was just lost....

Please, if anyone knows why this has happened or how to fix it, please help! Or even if there is a way to somehow save my ship somehow, that would be enough.

EDIT: I found the smd3 file for the ship I want to save. Is there any way I can save this file by adding it to the catalog or something through the files?

Last edited:

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    One Time i just got the file and put it into another world and that worked, but that was like 2 years ago, so make a copy and give it a try I guess

Reaction score
    I took the .smd3 file and the corresponding .ent file and put them in their appropriate places in a new world. However, the ships do not appear anywhere in sight....

Reaction score
    Ok, so I did a lot of experimenting and research to fix this, and I did it! I got my ship back!

If anyone wants to know how to save a ship from a corrupted world without a blueprint, here is how:

1. Go into your DATA folder for your corrupted world, and find the name of the ship you want to save. My ship was named "Syndicus_Class.0.0.0.smd3" or something like that. Don't worry about the numbers and stuff after the name, just remember the actual name.

2. Make a new universe, and spawn a ship core. Name the ship core the EXACT same as the ship from your corrupted world. For instance, I just named my ship core "Syndicus_Class." Now fly that ship core way into space so it is far away from asteroids or shops. Exit the ship core and float a safe distance from it.

3. Exit the game.

4. Go to the DATA folder for your NEW world, and find the .smd3 file for the shipcore you created. Delete this file.

5. Now go to the DATA folder for your corrupted world, and find the .smd3 file of the ship you want to save, and copy it to where you deleted the file in step 4.

6. Open the game. The shipcore you made in step 2 should be replaced with your lost ship!

7. SAVE IT TO BLUEPRINTS!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps anyone else who has a similar problem! However, note that all display module text, rail logic, and other non physical memory partaining to your ship will be deleted. However, reprogramming rails is a lot easier than rebuilding a frigate from scratch.

Last edited: