I know I'm destroying your ship but I can't hear my lasers

Reaction score
    My usual problem with sound is that I can hear a few weapon blasts from close range and then it cuts out. For the last three weeks I have not heard a single sound from starmade. It's not really a problem when you're building stuff and watching netflix but it might be nice to hear something again. I have the volume in game at 5 and I've tried it with and without the box checked in the sound menu. Should I be checking my default sound devices? I usually run sound through some target Bose Companion Laptop speakers but it could be running to the stereo sound on my TV. In case the default sound device or other speakers aren't the problem what's a setting I can alter to get sound?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Does the game even have sound? I've never noticed sound effects before, I just assumed there was no audio engine at all yet.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Does the game even have sound? I've never noticed sound effects before, I just assumed there was no audio engine at all yet.
    yes, but hearing any sound is becoming rarer - to the point where some of us are reduced to making "WHOOSH!" noises

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I've heard ambient space sounds as if I'm near a space vessel or a refrigerator. Up close I've heard a couple blaster and explosion sounds but never sustained. I've never heard a thruster. I hear nothing like apparently you've always heard.
    [doublepost=1487187365,1487187266][/doublepost]sadness, you're right on that one. Wouldn't it be nice if while a core was active in your sector it could make a ship make sounds based on it's systems?