I Hate Torches

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I just use small ball turrets set to anti-astronaut. I have one watching my bridge, another the entrance, etc.. A few cannon blocks each, plus overdrive, for giggles mc bubbles. I mount them in the ceiling looking down with a big red orifice.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do stop, push and pull beams work on astronauts?

A turret that pulls an astronaut into a pulse, or constantly repelled them into the horizon would be pretty funny.
    Stop beams would kind of be the anti-griefer grief. Get too close and get stuck in place until you suicide.
    even with 0 dmg the stop cannon kills

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Do stop, push and pull beams work on astronauts?

A turret that pulls an astronaut into a pulse, or constantly repelled them into the horizon would be pretty funny.
    Stop beams would kind of be the anti-griefer grief. Get too close and get stuck in place until you suicide.
    Momentum effects (and Ion and EMP) just do direct damage to astronauts. Remember to be safe around your ground-based core mass drivers and tractor beams, people.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Just encase the thing in 10 meters of advanced armor and blast doors or something. Nobody wants to waste between 21 and 42 minutes of their life torching through a wall (depends on angle of approach) to break important stuff.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just encase the thing in 10 meters of advanced armor and blast doors or something. Nobody wants to waste between 21 and 42 minutes of their life torching through a wall (depends on angle of approach) to break important stuff.
    ive spent upwards of an hour breaking into things before torches came about. using several devices to keep the shield down while i blasted my way around with a laser pistol or just bombed the shit out of it with warheads

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    ive spent upwards of an hour breaking into things before torches came about. using several devices to keep the shield down while i blasted my way around with a laser pistol or just bombed the shit out of it with warheads
    Yep, if it takes longer than several hours it is likely going to be a tad too long. XD Than again no defenses = all the time in the world.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    There is a really vicious combo but for the sake of ships everywhere I will not elaborate

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    #1 Just put a self-starting logic clock and damage pulse on the turret. might make your maintenance a little difficult but it stops astros.

#2 make a dummy faction on an alt, set gate to homebase, problem solved. There are no problems with gates belonging to different factions on each end.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    At the moment I've ringed the gate in anti-astronaut turrets and added several more large cannon turrets.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    There is a really vicious combo but for the sake of ships everywhere I will not elaborate
    I am not sure of what you are referring to, but I am glad you are not giving more ammo to ship thieves. I would ask if there are any measures being discussed here or that you could suggest that would be good defense against what you are thinking of? Are turrets adequate, pulse traps, a combination?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I am not sure of what you are referring to, but I am glad you are not giving more ammo to ship thieves. I would ask if there are any measures being discussed here or that you could suggest that would be good defense against what you are thinking of? Are turrets adequate, pulse traps, a combination?
    Yes. There's a very simple way of avoiding ship theft.
    You dock your shit.

As for stations, well... Those have always been pathetically underpowered, right from the start. It'll take a lot of rebalancing to get them right, so your warpgates are seriously better off being extremely cheap and easy to replace.