I had no idea Windows 8.1 and 10 version of Starmade were different...

Reaction score
    So I've had enough of the errors I've been getting in Windows 10. The "IRQ Less Or Equal" and "System Exception Error" BSODs have so far only occured while playing in Windows 10 (under Steam). Windows 8.1 hasn't given me problems yet, so I'm reinstalling Steam and Starmade.

I didn't think I'd have to download the game again for Windows 8.1. I take it there are differences in the OS that warrant a new installation?

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    So I've had enough of the errors I've been getting in Windows 10. The "IRQ Less Or Equal" and "System Exception Error" BSODs have so far only occured while playing in Windows 10 (under Steam). Windows 8.1 hasn't given me problems yet, so I'm reinstalling Steam and Starmade.

I didn't think I'd have to download the game again for Windows 8.1. I take it there are differences in the OS that warrant a new installation?
    Yep. There's always architectural and kernel differences between the OS versions. I won't go into details, but basically they can be big and occasionally game-breaking, as is apparently the case with 8.1 and 10.

Then again, I've never encountered any of those errors and I'm running Win10 too, so uhh... might be the Steam version that gives your PC grief?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    An IRQL BSOD is usually caused by faulty hardware or bad device drivers. I really doubt StarMade could directly trigger that kind of error.

Reaction score
    An IRQL BSOD is usually caused by faulty hardware or bad device drivers. I really doubt StarMade could directly trigger that kind of error.
    In my case, it was my CPU. I undervolted it a while back due to it getting a bit too hot while using Windows 8.1 back when (and it hadn't hit me back then that the FX 8350 would throttle its performance to keep from having a fiery end). I reset my motherboard settings back to default as of this post and so far no more errors. Still gonna keep 8.1 (and its Starmade) on the system. There are still some games I can't play on Windows 10...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm running windows 10 Steam version, I have encountered no problems since I installed it a few months ago, and I'm on a laptop to boot