I feel that Blueprints are kinda like cheating...

Reaction score
    This may just be my opinion but i feel that Blueprints are like cheating in the game... Lets say some player builds a huge planet farmer in singleplayer and then they just go to a new server and load there Blueprint and Poof! They now have one of the biggest ships in the game!?

I don't know, I just feel that they should have to build on the server they are in...

Yes, I know that you can Enable/Disable the Blueprints on the server.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    1. No matter the blueprint, one has to have either admin permissions OR a HUGE amount of already earned resources.

2. There are settings in the server config file to modify the way you can acquire the blueprint.

3. If you made a kinda large ship, and while building it you got killed by a NPC, came back and couldn\'t get into the ship BEFORE the timeout, what would you do? pick off from where you left OR restart from all over again?

Blueprints are a feature that, althought it is agreeable to some degree that they are not properly legit thing, they are the only thing that makes this game actually what it is unlike Minecraft or SpaceEngineers....

Reaction score
    Cheating is only really cheating if one there are rules to break, and two nobody else does it

Reaction score
    I don\'t see anything wrong with optimization or experimentation on personal servers then moving the finished products to other multiplayer servers. If it were simply a matter of spawning ships without costs I could see an issue, but spawning a planet eater isn\'t likely something that you can just do right after logging into a new server.

On the other hand I do see it as rather punitive to force people to constantly recreate everything they\'ve worked on which can rob one from enjoyment of the game for constant rebuilding rather than being able to go out and do more flying and dying.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If it were not for the blueprint system I probably would have gotten bored and stopped playing by now. Blueprints enable you to preserve your creations and share them in the community. Sharing of ships really helps the community out too, as they can inspire other ship builders.

I myself would not be opposed to, quite often, request of shipyards. This alone would balance out blueprints a lot as it would help fight gigantism as well as add some pace to the game.

Reaction score
    If you look at the systems in place, IE, blueprints,advanced build mode, set permission... It seems apparant that schema is designing this a game focused on being creative. He gives the ability to easily make and preserver our work, along with keeping them away from others. This isnt a game about survivng the night, or about shooting your friends... Staramde is effeciency, starmade is beauty, but starmade SHOULD NOT BE repitition

Reaction score
    When they add creative mode, we\'ll have blueprints in that, and shipyards in survival

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    This.

It\'s a game, and ultimately must be fun. Blueprints help distribute our time evenly throughout the game avoiding \'the grind\' every time a shot is fired.

Reaction score
    It may be considered an exploit.

But as long as it is in the game, and accesible like it is now, i agree that blueprints are fine.

Reaction score
    It may be considered an exploit.

But as long as it is in the game, and accesible like it is now, i agree that blueprints are fine.