I could use some turret help...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I'm trying to do a couple of things with the turrets on a ship I'm building, and they don't seem to be working.

1. I've mounted some missiles with a bobby AI on some simple rail. When the rail is activated, the missile system slides out of the ship hull and into a firing position. The sliding part works, but the missiles won't fire at anything once they're out. Does the bobby AI have to be mounted on a rail turret axis in order to be considered a turret maybe?

2. I've got another turret that is more traditional - a twin-barrel cannon mounted on a couple rail turret axis blocks to allow it to swing fully in any direction. I set the Bobby AI to "selected target" as I want to have direct control of what this turret fires at. It's not firing at anything in this mode but does when set to "any." Does "selected target" not currently work with rails?

Thanks for your answers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The Bobbie AI needs to be placed on the barrel section.
    I'm having this problem as well. I'm playing in the release version are you?
    My Turrets set to Fire at selected target they won´t fire or move.
    If you are using the release version then maybe this has been fixed in the dev version, I don´t know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The Bobbie AI needs to be placed on the barrel section.
    I'm having this problem as well. I'm playing in the release version are you?
    My Turrets set to Fire at selected target they won´t fire or move.
    If you are using the release version then maybe this has been fixed in the dev version, I don´t know.
    Yes - my Bobby AI is at the end of the chain - with the weapon computers/modules.
    I am using the release version.

I built a simple test platform - two single-block cannon turrets - one mounted on a simple rail, the other mounted on a rail turret axis. Both fired when the targeting was set to "any," neither would fire when switched to "selected target." I'm still not certain why the missiles mounted on a simple rail won't fire. The Bobby AI is still inside the body of the ship even though the missiles are extending out of the hull - could it be viewing the ship's hull as an obstacle?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yes - my Bobby AI is at the end of the chain - with the weapon computers/modules.
    I am using the release version.

I built a simple test platform - two single-block cannon turrets - one mounted on a simple rail, the other mounted on a rail turret axis. Both fired when the targeting was set to "any," neither would fire when switched to "selected target." I'm still not certain why the missiles mounted on a simple rail won't fire. The Bobby AI is still inside the body of the ship even though the missiles are extending out of the hull - could it be viewing the ship's hull as an obstacle?
    I think its a bug mate, like I say it may have been fixed in the dev version.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Selected targets purpose is when you press F and it selects an object. However it does not really work