I constantly wish I had a flashlight

Reaction score
    specially when im building, specially if your ship is black..sometimes it gets too dark and I can't see shit, so im forced to place light blocks all over the place then remove then. If I could have a flashlight on the helmet it would be faster to do.

Reaction score
    Oh I think Schemax and whachaface from the dev team plan this to be added soon(TM)

But ship design calls for lights, sorry but you can't have a spaceship without lighting inside. I put them on the ground and ceiling, with 3 apart spacing then link up the lot to an activator block (light switch.)

Still, I think a flashlight would be lovely, especially for spooky Martian caves and especially when more enemy types get added in (soooon...TM)

Reaction score
    Oh I think Schemax and whachaface from the dev team plan this to be added soon(TM)

But ship design calls for lights, sorry but you can't have a spaceship without lighting inside. I put them on the ground and ceiling, with 3 apart spacing then link up the lot to an activator block (light switch.)

Still, I think a flashlight would be lovely, especially for spooky Martian caves and especially when more enemy types get added in (soooon...TM)
    Yeah but I mean while building.
    ALso outside of the ship its also too dark specially if you use black hull. Some of the sides are pitch black.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    There's a "lighten" option in advanced build mode. You have to use buidmode for that, though ;)

Reaction score
    There's a "lighten" option in advanced build mode. You have to use buidmode for that, though ;)
    Im ok with buildmode existing, what I find extremely stupid is how you can fly around infinitely away from where you are building, also how you can spy inside people's base and planets and ships by clipping.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Im ok with buildmode existing, what I find extremely stupid is how you can fly around infinitely away from where you are building, also how you can spy inside people's base and planets and ships by clipping.
    If I had a nice base I wouldn't mind having people check it out in build mode. There isn't much to see when "spying" on enemy bases.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    We definitely need flashlights to explore the new bases. Some of them are very poorly lit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'd kill for a headlamp in this game. There's another block game I'm rather fond of called "Xenominer" that has a headlight on Your helmet. And it is GLORIOUS.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I hate being spyed, it kills that nice comfy feeling. I hope they remove build mode clipping or allow to disable it.
    You can know if someone enters your solar system if you capture it. So unless someone flies 400km in build mode to spy on you it's not going to happen :p.

I get what you mean though, but it's such a rare occurrence that it doesn't really warrant removing build mode as a whole imho.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It would be nice having a dramatic flashlight for entering dead and dark destroyed vessels. When the core is destroyed we could make it in a way that forces all light blocks to be disabled as well.

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    It would be nice having a dramatic flashlight for entering dead and dark destroyed vessels. When the core is destroyed we could make it in a way that forces all light blocks to be disabled as well.
    Maybe not entirely destroyed but with a high chance of being disabled and if power is still available a small chance of being partially functional. Utter darkness if done well can be very creepy but toss in the occasional and random seeming light/piece of kit that may or may not be flickering could be a nice touch.

Reaction score
    You can know if someone enters your solar system if you capture it. So unless someone flies 400km in build mode to spy on you it's not going to happen :p.

I get what you mean though, but it's such a rare occurrence that it doesn't really warrant removing build mode as a whole imho.
    Not as a whole, but at least limit it to your range of work, like as your ship/base grows from the core, you can zoom out further. You don't need infinite zoom out, thats the thing. It defeats the point of actual exploring, because you can sit on your ass and explore in build mode, not very exciting.