I can't find pirates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've played StarMade for quite a few hours now and I have not run into any pirates or pirate bases. At first I thought pirates were just rare occurences, but after watching many videos of various people playing StarMade, I saw that everyone else was running into pirates fairly regularly. I made sure in the catalog that there were ships available for enemy use, and when I attacked shops enough, fleets would be dispached to shoot me down. However, I have still seen no pirates and I have done all I know how to do to try to fix this problem. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Pirates are fairly uncommon in the latest versions. You just aren\'t searching well enough. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Try using the Navigation menu (N) I usually just check it once in a while for any red diamonds or anything unusual. I find a lot of pirates that way. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    your lucky that you don\'t run into pirates. i ran into 9 in the same place and a pirate space station. i was killed both times

Reaction score
    Pirates might not spawn if you have too many ships in one sector, I used to find them fairly regulary untill I tried to hunt them down with my 19 turret dreadnaught. Now all I can find are stations

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been playing starmade for about a week and I cannot find any pirates convoys or the fleets that are sent after you when you attack a shop. Even when I use the initiate_wave command no wave was started.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve got a small server but can\'t see any way to make adjustments to it. There are no pirates spawning and I don\'t know if that\'s something I have to adjust (as in minecraft mob spawning enable) or not. The configs are just bare basics. Is it normal for no pirates? My players are a bit disgusted. Maybe I should just scrap the world and set up a new one? I\'d love some help.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So, I believe I found the solution. I had the same deal everyone had, until I found a pirate station. They spawn fairly quickly outside of your system. Try getting in a ship and heading to a distant planet. Eventually, you\'ll find a station, and get attacked by them...

...a lot...

...when you don\'t want them to...

...when you\'re building a titan with hours of work into it...

Reaction score
    Haha yep, there is a station that rotates around my main base, get spawns like every hour... (and I killed the station, but not the whole thing).

I\'ve learned to place power and bunch of shields in a random spot when building big ships just to make sure if they spawn on me they don\'t damage / destroy random blocks.

Reaction score
    Make sure you have at least one (viable) ship set as being allowed for enemy use (Catalog -> Admin Tab, Permissions)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Something I unfortunatly neglected. Too wrapped up in finishing the front. Beat the pirates to a pulp with my huge brick of a titan though!

Eh well, I didn\'t really like the complicated front anyways.

Honestly, it was more complicated than brain surgery.