I can't find my home on my planet.

Reaction score
    One of the many reasons why I dislike the planets, until I can afford a station I am forced to use them.

Which is fine, but I'm searching for my actual base on the planet. Which is, like most things with the new planets, quite simply a farce. It took me about 30 seconds to get from the shops to my planet. It took me 20 minutes to find my base on the planet. Even with a large beacon that towers into the sky, and even with maximum block limit set to very best, I can't find it at all.

However, it seem pirates do not have this issue, because as soon as I land I am attacked by a squadron of about 5 to 700 Isanth mark Bitethepillowwe'regoingindry Uber wreckage edition which blows up my ship. Yes, I'm on medium difficulty and no I can't afford a turret yet. So I've lost everything. Again.

Any way I can find my home base? Also:

May I suggest one of three things:
    1) The faction block is a separate entity that can be pointed to.
    2) That we can place build blocks and factories etc on asteroids. I mean, build blocks mean you don't get crystals, right? So why on earth can we not make an asteroid base?
    3) Pirate raids aren't quite so frequent or brutal. I still want them, but not every 30 seconds. I would have picked a planet not near any stations, however pirate stations are still very frequent.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    supra, if they are so brutal - BUILD BIGGER SHIP! you will get lots of resources if they spawn so often.

also which server do you play on? :)

Reaction score
    aceface Single player, so I guess I could mod some stuff a bit to make 'em not so brutal. But I like to play vanilla survival (no cheats, have to make my ships bit by bit, my base looks like that Brazilian Favela lmao) and what if I played on a server where I can't control anything?

Once the game stops instacrashing to desktop every time I use my mining drill I'll build a bigger ship Ace ;)

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    Surely you've been around long enough to figure out a solution :p

Put a single docking module in your house, then dock a core to it. Viola, your house now has a navigation diamond!

Reaction score
    Surely you've been around long enough to figure out a solution :p

Put a single docking module in your house, then dock a core to it. Viola, your house now has a navigation diamond!
    I have done that a few times before, but it seems silly that you have to do that and waste expensive kit like a turret module. (I usually use my turrets.) Good idea.

And my inner super gay interior designer thinks that having a garish hovering block around your base is just unspeakably garish, dah-ling! *hand wave*

Reaction score
    Make a giant x with dotted lines of lava or ice

Make your giant tower out of a ship so you can dock/undock a ship without entering gravity also makes a nice space elevator teleporting between cores

Make an asteroid belt or bridge off the planet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I saw a suggestion on a youtube video awhile back that I started using - if you dock a core (or even just leave a core sitting in a cave at your base) it'll show up on your radar. This makes it much easier to quickly narrow down which of the 12 possible sides you started your base on.

So far that trick has worked extremely well for me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I second Mr. V's suggestions, one I use. A ship core left sitting at my base leaves me a waypoint. Eventually, I have a shuttle in orbit over my base, since I cannot lane my harvester.

Like you, I am playing single player, but have not yet ventured into the difficulties with spawning pirates. Next challenge, I suppose.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    indeed a big problem. it also doesn't help that you get disoriented when you jump to another plate

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, I can't say I have had this problem too much. I too, in single player, start off on a planet, but I make sure that there's a well defined landing area available nearby that I mark with indicators in the form of lights in a distinct man made pattern. This way I don't have too much trouble to find my way back to my base location...

Greets,

Jan