I cannot dock my station!

Reaction score
    Nothing seems to work! I built a massive space station, and obviously something like that needs docking ports, So I got the green docking ports and build them up large enough for small shuttles or what ever, but they wont work! I am confused, "Incompatble" thing pops up. And the laser is pointing exactly on the docking port. Something wrong with the game? Or something else?

Anyone else get this!?

AND YES I TRIED THE TURRET DOCKING PORTS AS WELL! THEY DID NOT WORK!

AND YES THE DOCKING BEAM IS HITTING THE DOCKING PORT!

AND YES THE SIZE OF THE BOX WAS MUCH BIGGER THAN THE SHIP, I EVEN TRIED IT WITH JUST A SHIP CORE, STILL DID NOT WORK!

Reaction score
    Try docking just a single core block ship. Also try existing and re-entering your ship or even re-logging onto the game and see if that helps.

Reaction score
    The actual docking beam has to hit the docking block (doesn\'t matter if it\'s in your reticle or not), check for that please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If I recall, I encountered something along these lines in my single-player universe...

For example, I built a mining ship, and wanted to dock turrets on it for defense - I had already docked several identical turrets on identical docking ports, so it was odd that the turret I tried to dock game me incompatable warning

I undocked and redocked, and it worked.

Another turret (same build) had similar issue - I just ignored the warning and it seemed to work anyways....turret was docked and so far as I am aware firing at enemies...

So I\'m not sure, but I suspect that some of these warnings are false-positives.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What Zaflis said, check thier the same faction, if your not using faction modules try using them on your station and ships and make sure they are both showing up as green (in other words you clicked on the \'Set Faction\' button)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just went through this same issue today.

Tips for Docking Your Ships Effectively

• Use Turret Dock if you plan on having it A/I enabled as a rotating weapons platform
    • Use Turret Enhancers (or Docking Enhancers) to increase the size of the area

Very Important - The entire ship must fit inside the green outlined docking box

[*]Orient the Turret Dock / Docking Module in correct direction

• Go into Advanced Build settings (LCtrl) to change orientation
    • Typically pointing out away from the platform (i.e. perpendicular) works well

[*](Station Docking) Ensure the docking ship/turret has a Faction Module and both it and the station are set to the same faction

• As others suggested in this thread, that will generate a red warning message and prevent docking

[*]Enabling the A/I Module. If using it as an A/I weapons platform, ensure to re-enable the A/I after piloting it for docking. (Each time you enter the ship, the A/I is turned off automatically)

[*](Harsh lesson learned) After all your careful planning, be sure you have selected the Docking Beam (and not the Weapons Computer) - it really sucks when you shoot off the Docking Module you just painstakingly placed! :)