I BUILT MY SHIP BACKWARDS, WHAT DO?

Reaction score
    Okay, i am really sorry for caps but holy shit i am so mad right now.

Just finished my most recent ship, and when trying to fly it i realised something was off. After some more tinkering i have finally realised why my ship wouldnt rotate when controlled from camera, and why main cannons dont aim at cursor.

Apparently, this entire time what i believed was front was actually the rear. Dunno why i never noticed arrow, and in hindsight there were many things which felt off, like the default facing of things, but i just ignored those. So now i have a completely worthles ship, in which i sank a bunch of hours.
    I was hoping perhaps someone has some tool to reverse direction on every single block of the ship?

Ship design in the attachments.

Attachments

Reactions: Gonzalo
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sorry bro, you're out of luck.

Remaking it is the only way to go.

For future reference, while in build mode, an arrow is visible, pointing the direction the front of your ship is in.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sorry bro, you're out of luck.

Remaking it is the only way to go.

For future reference, while in build mode, an arrow is visible, pointing the direction the front of your ship is in.

Isn't there a way to use the shipyard to reposition the core?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Isn't there a way to use the shipyard to reposition the core?
    Is there? I was unaware of this. If so, then, indeed, there js a way to fix your ship.

You'll just need to construct a large space station first.

Reaction score
    could you upload a .sment file of this blueprint? the one you have apparantly does not work to load in.

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    If your ship is not too big you can adjust the build sliders used in adv build mode to accommodate the dimensions of your ship and copy paste the entire ship or you can cut and paste in sections.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As suggested above, it take some time, but create a new core and copy sections of your ship, rotate then paste.
    Itd be an absolute pain to get them lined up and everything hooked up but itd work.

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    In single player as an admin you can use TAB+F8 to teleport yourself into any ship you have selected it is one of the most important building tools. Just don't try it while you are already in a core your gonna have a bad time. This can take much of the tedium out of moving between cores to copy a ship

Reaction score
    could you upload a .sment file of this blueprint? the one you have apparantly does not work to load in.
    Ah right, i forgot you cant just send the catalog entries. here's the .sment

Never did copypasting in starmade. I assume it can be used to copypaste areas from one ship from another? Reversing the existing ship by using symmetry seems to run into problems with core. It cant be repositioned so i can't just put a mirroring axis in front of the ship and re-build it.

Attachments

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Same as when you need to move a core. Extend your build box around the whole ship, copy and paste it the other way around. You'll probably have to build a pasting framework or something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    OK, apparently I had nothing better to do. I also did something, which you may hate or be incredibly happy about. (Wedged it)
    This whole time I was thinking it would have been a ship that was 200+m long. Then again, any builder would know it was backwards long before a ship that large was done lol

That was nice of you to do for him. Shouldn't have taken more than a few minutes I imagine.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    This whole time I was thinking it would have been a ship that was 200+m long. Then again, any builder would know it was backwards long before a ship that large was done lol

That was nice of you to do for him. Shouldn't have taken more than a few minutes I imagine.
    I only had an issue with the spin. You know how starmade usually pastes from the back right corner? I forgot about the rotation :oops:

Reaction score
    OK, apparently I had nothing better to do. I also did something, which you may hate or be incredibly happy about. (Wedged it)
    Thank you very much! Now i dont need to learn how to copy and paste!

The wedging is pretty good, i like it. How much time did wedging the trickier parts (like the area around the nose) take? I know for certain it'd take me a while to find all the proper edges for that area.The wedging did create a bunch of cavities though, i'll have to decide what to fill them with now. I'll probably just re-do entire interior from scratch though, those large symmetrical stairways occupy way too much space, leaving too little for functional blocks. Asymmetrical 2-wide stairways are the way to go.
    The Captain's seat is also pretty nice. Didnt know those thin slabs leave enough space for character to walk through.
    Where'd the AI and Faction modules go though? They used to be next to the core.

Never underestimate a man's ability to ignore even very blunt hints when he's focused on something fun. Also yeah, i know the ship size is very modest, but even just 4 hours spent on building that ship feel significant when you have a full time job ;_;. My experience is also pretty limited, which means my build speed is fairly slow, especially when i need to figure out how to detail a flat ugly ship-shaped blob.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For the future, there's an arrow at the top of the screen that always points forward. Or you can throw a thruster on it.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    The faction module and that disappeared during pasting. Dunno why, but I figured you'd probably redo a bit of it anyway.

The cavities are where I removed some wasted armour.